2018-11-23 - email@example.com
- Update to 1.20:
* Added support for socks5 protocol (Eugene Protozanov)
* New probing method
* Test suite refactored
- ChangeLog from 1.19:
* Added ?syslog_facility? configuration option to specify where to log.
* TLS now supports SNI and ALPN (Travis Burtrum), including support for Let?s Encrypt challenges (Jonathan McCrohan)
* ADB probe. (Mike Frysinger)
* Added per-protocol ?fork? option. (Oleg Oshmyan)
* Added chroot option. (Mike Frysinger)
* A truckload of bug fixes and documentation improvements (Various contributors)
- Remove filepath-in-systemd-service.patch: upstreamed
- Add BuildRequires: pcre-devel
2017-11-06 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- fix systemd vs SysVinit
* don't install both when system should be used
* add var has_systemd
2016-07-19 - email@example.com
- Update to 1.18
* Added USELIBPCRE to make use of regex engine optional.
* Added support for RFC4366 SNI and RFC7301 ALPN
* Changed connection log to include the name of the probe that
* Changed configuration file format: 'probe' field is
no longer required, 'name' field can now contain
'tls' or 'regex', with corresponding options (see
* Added 'log_level' option to each protocol, which
allows to turn off generation of log at each
* Added 'keepalive' option.
* Support RFC5952-style IPv6 addresses, e.g. [::]:443.
* Transparant proxy support for FreeBSD (Ruben van Staveren)
* Using -F with no argument will try
/etc/sslh/sslh.cfg and then /etc/sslh.cfg as configuration files.
(argument to -F can no longer be separated from the option by a space,
e.g. must be -Ffoo.cfg)
* Call setgroups() before setgid() (fixes potential
privilege escalation) (Lars Vogdt)
* Use portable way of getting modified time for OSX support (Aaron
* Example configuration for fail2ban (Every Mouw)
- Dropped missing-call-to-setgroups-before-setuid.patch, included
2014-12-18 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Added filepath-in-systemd-service.patch to point to correct
patch in systemd service file
2014-03-25 - email@example.com
- update to 1.16:
+ Probes made more resilient, to incoming data
containing NULLs. Also made them behave properly
when receiving too short packets to probe on the
first incoming packet.
+ Libcap support: Keep only CAP_NET_ADMIN if started
as root with transparent proxying and dropping
priviledges (enable USELIBCAP in Makefile). This
avoids having to mess with filesystem capabilities.
+ Fixed bugs related to getpeername that would cause
sslh to quit erroneously (getpeername can return
actual errors if connections are dropped before
getting to getpeername).
+ Set IP_FREEDBIND if available to bind to addresses
that don't yet exist.
- compile with libcap support
- added missing-call-to-setgroups-before-setuid.patch
- removed patches fixed upstream:
2013-12-22 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- added /etc/conf.d/sslh
now the service actually starts when using systemd
2013-12-11 - email@example.com
- update to 1.15:
+ Added --transparent option for transparent proxying. See README for iptables magic and capability management.
+ Fixed bug in sslh-select: if number of opened file descriptor became bigger than FD_SETSIZE, bad things would happen.
+ Fixed bug in sslh-select: if socket dropped while defered_data was present, sslh-select would crash.
+ Increased FD_SETSIZE for Cygwin, as the default 64 is too low for even moderate load.
Thanks to Arnaud Gendre and Michael K. Avanessian for helping with investigation of the last three points.