2015-11-16 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.6.7
* Fixed a MSVC parser stack overflow when parsing regionName.c
and timeZone.c. Fix by elliotlo. GitHub #64.
* Updated region codes and timezones.
When using GEOIP_MEMORY_CACHE with an invalid database file,
the search tree traversal could attempt to read memory outside
of the memory allocated for the memory cache, resulting in a
segmentation fault. A check was added to ensure that the
traversal code does not try to read beyond the end of the file,
whether in memory, memory mapped, or on disk.
* Previously the return values from file reads were ignored. We now
check these values to ensure that there were no errors.
- copy the tools from the debian package to work with the database
files. new BR gcc-c++. Files are installed into the same path as
on debian /usr/lib/geoip/. new binaries:
2015-09-28 - email@example.com
- Update to 1.6.6
* Replaced usage of deprecated fileno, read, and lseek on Visual
Studio 2005+ with their ISO C++ conformant replacements.
* A warning about using a double as a float was fixed.
* Fixed segfault when doing a lookup on an empty database.
* Fixed a memcheck error from valgrind in the _check_mtime
* Fixed _check_mtime to check the return value of gettimeofday
rather than just assuming it worked.
2015-03-12 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remove unused zlib build requirement
- fix pubpackage arch build error, for SLE 11 SP3
2015-03-10 - email@example.com
* Updated LICENSE, using the upstream version.
* The GPL license has been removed:test-driver is licensed under the GPL but
is not packaged, libGeoIPUpdate is no longer part of the package.
* Changed handling of ghost files.
* Moved data into a seperate package.
2015-03-06 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.6.5
* A segmentation fault in geoiplookup was fixed when the utility
was passed an invalid database. (Reported in Red Hat
* Additional validation was added for validation of the size used
in the creation of the index cache. (Based on discussion in
Red Hat bug #832913.)
* Changed the code to only look up country codes by using
functions which ensure that we do not try to look past the end
of an array. (Reported by Ivan Sorokin. GitHub #53)
2015-02-21 - email@example.com
- Disable checks, they fail with currently provided data file.
- Update to 1.6.4:
+ Update Fips code
+ Several issues with the MinGW build were fixed.
+ Use a constructor in pread.c to ensure the critical section is
+ Added missing include of io.h on Windows
+ Fixed configure warning that 'missing' script is too old or
+ Previously nmake /f Makefile.vc clean would fail on Windows. This was fixed.
+ Obsolete win32 and NetWare make files were removed.
+ Numerous documentation updates.
- Changes from 1.6.3:
+ Added a GEOIP_SILENCE flag. Include this flag when calling
GeoIP_open to prevent any messages from being written to stderr.
+ Mitigate a possible race condition when running nuder threads
in the GeoIP_cleanup function.
+ Added some recommendations to the docs on using this library
in a threaded application.
+ Fixed some bugs discovered by coverity, including failure to
check some system call return values and making sure all
strings are null-terminated
- Changes from 1.6.2:
+ Two files required for building on Win32 were missing from the
1.6.1 release. These files were added. There are no changes
affecting other platforms.
- Changes from 1.6.1:
+ Improve Win32 support.
+ Update FIPS codes.
- Changes from 1.6.0:
+ The GeoIP Update program was move to its own repo and source