2019-01-07 - Jan Engelhardt <email@example.com>
- Update to new upstream release 1.8
* No functional changes; just a version bump.
2018-12-14 - Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to new upstream release 1.8~rc1
* The new options '--in-slots' and '--out-slots', setting the
number of input and output packets buffered during streamed
decompression, have been added. Increasing the number of
packets may increase decompression speed, but requires more
* The default number of input packets buffered per worker
thread when decompressing from non-seekable input has been
increased from 2 to 4.
* The default number of output packets buffered per worker
thread when decompressing to non-seekable output has been
increased from 32 to 64.
* Detection of forbidden combinations of characters in trailing
data has been improved.
2018-03-05 - email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.7
* The option "--loose-trailing" has been added.
* The test used by clzip to discriminate trailing data from a
corrupt header in multimember or concatenated files has been
improved to a Hamming distance of 3.
2017-05-11 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.6:
* The option '-l, --list' has been ported from lziprecover.
* It is now an error to specify two or more different operations
in the command line (--decompress, --list or --test).
* In test mode, plzip now continues checking the rest of the
files if any input file is a terminal.
- Update dependecies and sections for info file handling
2016-08-20 - email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.5
* The option "-a, --trailing-error", which makes plzip exit with
error status 2 if any remaining input is detected after
decompressing the last member, has been added.
* When decompressing, the file specified with the "--output" option
is now deleted if the input is a terminal.
2015-08-06 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.4
* The option "-0" has been modified to use the new fast encoder of
lzlib 1.7, which achieves a compression speed and ratio
comparable to those of pigz's default compression level.
2015-02-08 - email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.3
* Testing of a non-seekable file or of standard input now uses up
to 30 MiB less memory per thread.
* "-dvvv" and "-tvvv" now show the dictionary size of the first
member, producing the same output as lzip for single-member
2014-10-01 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.2
* Copying of file dates, permissions, and ownership now behaves
like `cp -p`. (If the user ID or the group ID cannot be
duplicated, the file permission bits S_ISUID and S_ISGID are
* Individual limits have been set on the number of packets produced
by each decompresor worker thread to limit the amount of memory
used in all cases.
* The license has been changed to GPL version 2 or later.
2014-09-23 - email@example.com
- Drop gpg-offline build-time requirement; this is now handled by
the local source validator
2013-09-29 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.1
* Plzip now shows the progress of compression at verbosity
level 2 (-vv).