2019-02-19 - Reinhard Max <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 11.2:
* By default, panic instead of retrying after fsync() failure,
to avoid possible data corruption.
* Fix handling of unique indexes with INCLUDE columns on
* Ensure that NOT NULL constraints of a partitioned table are
honored within its partitions.
* Numerous other bug fixes.
- Overhaul README.SUSE
2019-01-11 - Reinhard Max <email@example.com>
- The release tags between the main package build and libs might
be different, but that's not a problem, so we can relax the tight
dependency of server-devel on devel.
- Adjust the line between headers going to devel and server-devel.
Now everything under /usr/include/pgsql/server is in server-devel
and the rest of /usr/include/pgsql is in devel (bsc#1120035).
2018-12-03 - Marcus Rueckert <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- move the server-devel package definition into the buildmain
2018-11-20 - Guillaume GARDET <email@example.com>
- Add sha256 file to list of sources
- Update v11.1 files from upstream
2018-11-08 - Reinhard Max <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to 11.1:
* CVE-2018-16850, bsc#1114837: Improper quoting of transition
table names when pg_dump emits CREATE TRIGGER can cause
* Numerous bug fixes, see the release notes:
* Remove unneeded library dependencies from PGXS.
2018-10-22 - Reinhard Max <email@example.com>
- Update to 11.0.
- Improvements to partitioning functionality, including:
* Add support for partitioning by a hash key
* Add support for PRIMARY KEY, FOREIGN KEY, indexes, and triggers
on partitioned tables.
* Allow creation of a ?default? partition for storing data that
does not match any of the remaining partitions.
* UPDATE statements that change a partition key column now cause
affected rows to be moved to the appropriate partitions.
* Improve SELECT performance through enhanced partition
elimination strategies during query planning and execution.
- Improvements to parallelism, including:
* CREATE INDEX can now use parallel processing while building a
* Parallelization is now possible in CREATE TABLE ... AS, CREATE
MATERIALIZED VIEW, and certain queries using UNION.
* Parallelized hash joins and parallelized sequential scans now
- SQL stored procedures that support embedded transactions.
- Optional Just-in-Time (JIT) compilation for some SQL code,
speeding evaluation of expressions (new subpackage: -llvmjit).
- Window functions now support all framing options shown in the
SQL:2011 standard, including RANGE distance PRECEDING/FOLLOWING,
GROUPS mode, and frame exclusion options.
- Covering indexes can now be created, using the INCLUDE clause of
- Many other useful performance improvements, including the ability
to avoid a table rewrite for ALTER TABLE ... ADD COLUMN with a
non-null column default.
- Split a new -server-devel subpackage from -devel.
2018-08-10 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 11 beta3
2018-07-02 - email@example.com
- initial package