2018-04-06 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop baselibs.conf completely: This was introdcued two years ago
but in this entire time, nobody cared that the resulting -32bit
library was not installable due to missing dependencies. So it
is obvioulsy not used.
2018-04-04 - email@example.com
- Drop ginac-devel from baselibs: baselibs was produced in 2016,
but the deps for it where never in place, which means
ginac-devel-32bit was never installable, and nobody cared.
Clearly this -32bit package is not used (for -devel there is
rarely a need for a -32bit package).
2018-03-11 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.7.4:
* Fix ABI compatibility with 1.7.[0-2] (broken unintentionally
2018-02-04 - email@example.com
- Remove --with-pic which has no effect with --disable-static.
- Fix the shlib package's RPM groups.
2018-02-03 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.7.3:
* Speed up some corner cases of polynomial factorization.
* Speed up some corner cases of gcd computation.
* Speed up factorization of pre-factored polynomials.
* Make matrix::solve() work with hidden (non-normal) zeros.
* Fix bug in evaluation of real and imaginary parts of powers.
* Fix some LaTeX output, add new function symbol::get_TeX_name().
- cleanup with spec-cleaner
2017-01-30 - email@example.com
- Update to version 1.7.2:
* Fix memory leak in operators returning relationals, introduced
* Make macro GINAC_DECLARE_REGISTERED_CLASS() work outside
* Fix some build issues.
- Drop ginac-replace-mktemp-with-mkstemp.patch: incorporated
2016-11-25 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix baselibs.conf file.
2016-11-21 - email@example.com
- Add ginac-replace-mktemp-with-mkstemp.patch: Replace unsafe and
deprecated mktemp by its safe variant mkstemp; patch taken from
upstream git and fixes an rpmlint warning.
2016-11-21 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.7.1:
* Fix crash in basic::subs(), visible in classes which don't
* Fix convergence failure in Li_projection.
* Fix cliffor_bar() and clifford_star().
* Improve performance of clifford_to_lst().
* Fix compilation issues, reduce compiler warnings.
- Changes from version 1.7.0:
* Make use of C++11 features:
- Use new language features 'auto', 'nullptr', 'constexpr',
range-based for loops, the contextual keyword 'override',
static 'noexcept' operator, etc.
- Add initializer list ctors for container<>, lst and nested
initializer lists ctor for class matrix.
- Add many rvalue reference overloads for ctors from std
containers. (Note that whether they really speed up things
depends on whether evaluation leaves the container unchanged
- Rvalue reference overloads for ctors from std containers
made it possible to remove the manual 'discardable' hack and
std::auto_ptr<T> for good.
- New dynallocate<T>(args...) helper functions obsolete manual
allocation on the heap and setting the dynallocated status
- Got rid of C++98ish algorithm features (bind2nd, etc.) and
replaced them with lambdas.
* Make add::eval(), mul::eval() more careful so they return an
evaluated, canonical expression without compromise.
* Remove 'level' argument of all .eval() methods.
* Remove 'level' arguments of all .evalf() and .normal()
methods. They were modeled after the .eval() methods.
* Make relational::rhs() and lhs() nonvirtual.
* Add support for power::info(info_flags::real).
* Add fderivative::derivatives() method.
* Remove broken info_flags::algebraic.
* Remove unmaintained support for Cint.
* Remove unfinished code for hash table-based expairseq.
* Remove deprecated ex::to_rational(lst) and
* ginac-excompiler installs in $LIBEXECDIR now, not in $BINDIR.
* Many minor performance enhancements.
- Changes from previous versions 1.6.3 through 1.6.7: See
- Add a baselibs.conf file.
- Drop ginac-return-in-nonvoid.patch, no longer required.