2018-11-04 - Luigi Baldoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 2.0.9
* Added a new sensor API, initialized by passing
SDL_INIT_SENSOR to SDL_Init(), and defined in SDL_sensor.h
* Added an event SDL_SENSORUPDATE which is sent when a sensor
* Added SDL_GetDisplayOrientation() to return the current
* Added an event SDL_DISPLAYEVENT which is sent when the
display orientation changes
* Added HIDAPI joystick drivers for more consistent support
for Xbox, PS4 and Nintendo Switch Pro controller support
across platforms. (Thanks to Valve for contributing the PS4
and Nintendo Switch Pro controller support)
* Added support for many other popular game controllers
* Added SDL_JoystickGetDevicePlayerIndex(),
SDL_GameControllerGetPlayerIndex() to get the player index for
a controller. For XInput controllers this returns the XInput
index for the controller.
* Added SDL_GameControllerRumble() and SDL_JoystickRumble()
which allow simple rumble without using the haptics API
* Added SDL_GameControllerMappingForDeviceIndex() to get the
mapping for a controller before it's opened
* Added the hint SDL_HINT_MOUSE_DOUBLE_CLICK_TIME to control
the mouse double-click time
* Added the hint SDL_HINT_MOUSE_DOUBLE_CLICK_RADIUS to control
the mouse double-click radius, in pixels
* Added SDL_HasColorKey() to return whether a surface has a
* Added SDL_HasAVX512F() to return whether the CPU has
* Added SDL_IsTablet() to return whether the application is
running on a tablet
* Added SDL_THREAD_PRIORITY_TIME_CRITICAL for threads that
must run at the highest priority
* Added SDL_LinuxSetThreadPriority() to allow adjusting the
thread priority of native threads using RealtimeKit if
- Dropped 7babfecee045.patch (merged upstream)
2018-06-24 - email@example.com
- Add 7babfecee045.patch, fixes launching Firewatch
2018-05-11 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- SDL2-endian.patch: bring up patch from SDL1, use optimized
byteswap routines from the C library.
- build with --disable-3dnow, do not pass -m3dnow to the compiler
modern cpus do not support this instructions at all.
2018-03-17 - email@example.com
- Build with Wayland support
2018-03-08 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 2.0.8
* Added SDL_fmod() and SDL_log10().
* Each of the SDL math functions now has the corresponding
* Added SDL_SetYUVConversionMode() and
SDL_GetYUVConversionMode() to control the formula used when
converting to and from YUV colorspace. The options are JPEG,
BT.601, and BT.709.
* Added the hint SDL_HINT_VIDEO_X11_NET_WM_BYPASS_COMPOSITOR to
control whether the X server should skip the compositor for
the SDL application. This defaults to "1".
* Added the hint SDL_HINT_VIDEO_DOUBLE_BUFFER to control
whether the Raspberry Pi and KMSDRM video drivers should use
double or triple buffering (the default).
2018-01-10 - email@example.com
- Add sdl2-symvers.patch.
2017-10-28 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 2.0.7
* Added audio stream conversion functions.
* Added functions to query and set the SDL memory allocation
* Added locking functions for multi-threaded access to
the joystick and game controller APIs.
* Some functions are now thread-safe.
- removed patches, merged upstream
2017-10-19 - email@example.com
- Add SDL-bnc1062784-check-overflow-xcf-props.patch. CVE-2017-2888
2017-10-16 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disable SSE3 (and also SSE2 on ix86) to prevent crashes on older
CPUs that don't support these instructions
2017-10-02 - email@example.com
- Add dbus.diff