2019-04-14 - Christian Boltz <email@example.com>
- update git-web AppArmor profile for bash and tar usrMerge (boo#1132350)
2019-02-25 - Marketa Calabkova <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- git 2.21.0
* Historically, the "-m" (mainline) option can only be used for "git
cherry-pick" and "git revert" when working with a merge commit.
This version of Git no longer warns or errors out when working with
a single-parent commit, as long as the argument to the "-m" option
is 1 (i.e. it has only one parent, and the request is to pick or
revert relative to that first parent). Scripts that relied on the
behaviour may get broken with this change.
* Small fixes and features for fast-export and fast-import.
* The "http.version" configuration variable can be used with recent
enough versions of cURL library to force the version of HTTP used
to talk when fetching and pushing.
* "git push $there $src:$dst" rejects when $dst is not a fully
qualified refname and it is not clear what the end user meant.
* Update "git multimail" from the upstream.
* A new date format "--date=human" that morphs its output depending
on how far the time is from the current time has been introduced.
"--date=auto:human" can be used to use this new format (or any
existing format) when the output is going to the pager or to the
terminal, and otherwise the default format.
2019-02-13 - Michal Suchanek <email@example.com>
- Fix worktree creation race (bsc#1114225).
2019-01-22 - Marketa Calabkova <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- the proper way how to add shadow dependency, only the -daemon
subpackage uses the shadow package
2019-01-20 - Hans-Peter Jansen <email@example.com>
- add shadow build dependency: pre/postinstall script checks fail
for 42.3 otherwise
2019-01-11 - Dominique Leuenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Do not BuildRequire apache2:
+ it is only in the build chain for the directory ownership.
Let's just own the directories ourselves.
+ This actually also fixes the issue that installing, then
uninstalling git-web, without apache2 being present on the
machine, leaves those directories stale on the disk.
2018-12-16 - email@example.com
- git 2.20.1:
* portability fixes
* "git help -a" did not work well when an overly long alias was
* no longer squelched an error message when the run_command API
failed to run a missing command
2018-12-10 - Marketa Calabkova <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- git 2.20.0
* "git help -a" now gives verbose output (same as "git help -av").
Those who want the old output may say "git help --no-verbose -a"..
* "git send-email" learned to grab address-looking string on any
trailer whose name ends with "-by".
* "git format-patch" learned new "--interdiff" and "--range-diff"
options to explain the difference between this version and the
previous attempt in the cover letter (or after the three-dashes as
* Developer builds now use -Wunused-function compilation option.
* Fix a bug in which the same path could be registered under multiple
worktree entries if the path was missing (for instance, was removed
manually). Also, as a convenience, expand the number of cases in
which --force is applicable.
* The overly large Documentation/config.txt file have been split into
million little pieces. This potentially allows each individual piece
to be included into the manual page of the command it affects more easily.
* Malformed or crafted data in packstream can make our code attempt
to read or write past the allocated buffer and abort, instead of
reporting an error, which has been fixed.
* Fix for a long-standing bug that leaves the index file corrupt when
it shrinks during a partial commit.
* "git merge" and "git pull" that merges into an unborn branch used
to completely ignore "--verify-signatures", which has been
* ...and much more features and fixes