2019-01-19 - Peter Simons <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update Cabal build instructions for more accurate dependencies.
2018-11-25 - email@example.com
- Update aeson to version 22.214.171.124.
Upstream has edited the change log file since the last release in
a non-trivial way, i.e. they did more than just add a new entry
at the top. You can review the file at:
2018-10-04 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update aeson to version 126.96.36.199.
* Optimizations of generics, thanks to Rémy Oudompheng, here are some numbers for GHC 8.4:
* Compilation time: G/BigProduct.hs is 25% faster, G/BigRecord.hs is 2x faster.
* Runtime performance: BigRecord/toJSON/generic and BigProduct/encode/generic are more than 2x faster.
* Added To/FromJSON instances for `Void` and Generics's `V1`, thanks to Will Yager
* Added To/FromJSON instances for `primitive`'s `Array`, `SmallArray`, `PrimArray` and `UnliftedArray`, thanks to Andrew Thad.
* Fixes handling of `UTCTime` wrt. leap seconds , thanks to Adam Schønemann
* Warning and documentation fixes thanks to tom-bop, Gabor Greif, Ian Jeffries, and Mateusz Cury?o.
2018-07-18 - email@example.com
- Cosmetic: replace tabs with blanks, strip trailing white space,
and update copyright headers with spec-cleaner.
2018-07-17 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update aeson to version 188.8.131.52.
This release introduces bounds on the size of `Scientific` numbers when they are converted to other arbitrary precision types that do not represent them efficiently in memory.
This means that trying to decode a number such as `1e1000000000` into an `Integer` will now fail instead of using a lot of memory. If you need to represent large numbers you can add a newtype (preferably over `Scientific`) and providing a parser using `withScientific`.
The following instances are affected by this:
* `FromJSON Natural`
* `FromJSONKey Natural`
* `FromJSON Integer`
* `FromJSONKey Integer`
* `FromJSON NominalDiffTime`
For the same reasons the following instances & functions have been removed:
* Remove `FromJSON Data.Attoparsec.Number` instance. Note that `Data.Attoparsec.Number` is deprecated.
* Remove deprecated `withNumber`, use `withScientific` instead.
Finally, encoding integral values with large exponents now uses scientific notation, this saves space for large numbers.
* Catch 0 denominators when parsing Ratio
* Fix bug in generically derived `FromJSON` instances that are using `unwrapUnaryRecords`, thanks to Xia Li-yao
* Allow base-compat 0.10.*, thanks to Oleg Grenrus
* `GKeyValue` has been renamed to `KeyValuePair`, thanks to Xia Li-yao
* Removed unused `FromJSON` constraint in `withEmbeddedJson`, thanks to Tristan Seligmann
* Optimizations of TH toEncoding, thanks to Xia Li-yao
* Optimizations of hex decoding when using the default/pure unescape implementation, thanks to Xia Li-yao
* Improved error message on `Day` parse failures, thanks to Gershom Bazerman
* Add `encodeFile` as well as `decodeFile*` variants, thanks to Markus Hauck
* Documentation fixes, thanks to Lennart Spitzner
* CPP cleanup, thanks to Ryan Scott