2017-01-17 - email@example.com
- Add reproducible.patch to allow for reproducible builds
2015-01-04 - Greg.Freemyer@gmail.com
- update Source: field to be the full URL and delete http: comment
- remove BuildRequires for libtool, automake, autoconf - they were not used
2015-01-04 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 7.2.0
+ Log output may be sent to multiple job logs and hash logs. Simply specify
log=LOG and/or hlog=LOG more than once.
+ Verification of an image restored to a device larger than the image is now
supported. Specify hof=DEVICE to hash only the bytes dc3dd writes to the
device. Specify fhod=DEVICE to hash both the bytes dc3dd writes to the
device and all the bytes that follow, up to the end of the device.
+ Specifying hof=DEVICE will now default to phod=DEVICE behavior (hash only
the bytes output by dc3dd, not the full device).
- Add xz make dependency; use xz tarball instead of bzipped one
- New dependency on perl(Locale::gettext)
- Strip out translations in lang_subpackage
- Remove depreciated Authors section
- Remove spurious executable bits of documentation files
2013-07-09 - email@example.com
- Override broken configure checks
2012-02-09 - Greg.Freemyer@gmail.com
- add copyright notice to specfile
2011-10-17 - Greg.Freemyer@gmail.com
- Update to 7.1.0
2011-03-02 Richard Cordovano <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Added the ability to specify log= and hlog= more than once.
* Added phod= and fhod= options. For an output that is a device, using phod= ("partially hashed output device")
causes dc3dd to compute hashes of only the bytes dc3dd wrote to the output device. If fhod=
("fully hashed output device") is specified instead, dc3dd will compute hashes of both the bytes dc3dd wrote
and of the entire device.
2010-03-17 - email@example.com
- update to 6.12.4-r458
2009-08-28 Richard Cordovano <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Replaced the byte-by-byte verification capability with a verification capability that
hashes imaging outputs and compares the hashes to the input hash. The new verification capability
does not require a second read of the device.
* Enhanced the ability to generate multiple outputs by adding the capability to combine split and unsplit
* Added the ability for the user to specify a sector size via the command line.
* Added display/logging of results of device size probes. Size probes are now always performed, providing
run statistics in most use cases (reading from standard input excepted).
* Added display/logging of size statistics for each file in an input or output split.
* Simplified the command line options and removed all legacy dd features not needed for imaging. The simplified
command line is more rigorously validated to reduce the likelihood of performing a run contrary to user
intent in order to avoid a second read of a device.
* Removed the progress=on command line option and the cumbersome INFO signaling protocol for
obtaining a progress report. Instead, a progress bar is always displayed.
* Added new DEFAULT_IMAGING_MODE compile flag support (equivalent to command line options:
recovererrs=on, grouperrs=on, idirect=on).
* Reduced the use of global variables from 71 to 9, reduced function lengths, and
removed several instances of code duplication.
* Introduced a program architecture that replaces a single loop with a jobs abstraction, allowing execution
of an arbitrary chain of jobs, each composed of one or more tasks that execute in parallel. The new
program architecture is designed to allow for the transparent addition of multi-step processing
scenarios such as the new verification capability.
2008-10-08 - email@example.com
- new package