2019-04-08 - email@example.com
- Version upgrade to 1.22.5
* foomatic-rip: Changed Ghostscript call to count pages in a
PDF file to use "runpdfbegin" and not the undocumented
Ghostscript internal "pdfdict", so that it works with
Ghostscript 9.27 and later (Debian bug #926576,
Arch Linux bug #62251, openSUSE boo#1131771,
firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list thread
- Version upgrade to 1.22.4
* cups-browsed: Fix broken trailing space removal on
"NickName" (Pull request #103).
* pdftops: Emit PostScript Level 2 instead of Level 3 for
Brother PostScript printers as at least some of them
report to support level 3 but ontly work with Level 2
(Ubuntu bug #1306849, comment #42).
* bannertopdf: When multiplying the page for N-up or Duplex
printing one page too much was generated (Issue #102).
- Version upgrade to 1.22.3
* libcupsfilters: Added error checks for processing GIF, to
avoid crashes or hangs on broken GIF files (Issues #81, #82,
Pull request #100).
* cups-browsed: Added hint to the man page and configuration
file that with "DebugLogging stderr" the logging output goes
to journal or syslog if cups-browsed is running as system
service (Issue #28).
- Version upgrade to 1.22.2
* cups-browsed: Let distribution of jobs sent to queues with
"implicitclass" backend (usually clusters) be done by a
"job-state" CUPS notification and not by
"printer-state-changed" any more. The "job-state"
notification already contains the job ID. Before we had to
poll the job ID from CUPS via IPP which was sometimes
unreliable (Issue #97).
* imagetopdf, imagetoraster, pdftopdf, libcupsfilters: Added
new page scaling options: "fill" scales the input page
(typically a photo) so that the output page (typically with
different aspect ratio) gets completely filled, aloowing for
some content of the input page getting lost. "crop-to-fit"
allows for easy printing of documents on slightly different
output page sizes (A4 <-> Letter) maintaining the size and
centering and cropping into the destination page. Thanks to
Dheeraj Yadav (dhirajyadav135 at gmail dot com) for the
patch (Pull request #92).
* cups-browsed: Do not do IPP request for printer-is-shared
option for remote cups queues with CUPS 2.2.x and newer
(Pull request #91).
* cups-browsed: Fix crash bug when reading "Cluster"
directive from configuration file (Issue #94).
* driverless: Updated man page as now also Mopria and
Wi-Fi Direct printers are supported. Mentioned also
2019-02-20 - email@example.com
- Update to version 1.22.1:
* braille: Use sort command with LC_ALL=C for reproducibility
of the genrated files, needed for distribution packaging.
* cups-browsed, driverless: When polling the printer's
capabilities via get-printer-attributes IPP request for
driverless printing, use the attributes "all" and
"media-col-database". Without "all" some printers do not report
"urf-supported" and without "media-col-database" not all paper
size and marging info gets reported.
* braille: Document how to rework output before embossing.
2019-01-28 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.22.0:
* From this release on the pdftopdf filter flattens interactive
PDF forms and annotations internally, using QPDF, instead of
calling external utilities. This especially eliminates slowing
factors as additional piping of the data and unneeded use of
PDF interpreters. Using external utilities for flattening is
still possible in case of problems. In addition, a crash bug in
cups-browsed got fixed and compatibility of the filters with
Poppler 0.72 assured.
- Drop upstream fixed patches: