2017-08-24 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.9:
* Write errors to stdout are diagnosed correctly and consistently.
* Replacing symlinks now replaces the target rather than the symlink itself.
* The case of parameters is maintained with --get.
* Single token parameters (without equals) are now supported,
which are used in mysql config for example.
- Drop 3c52bd938975f7c5b32d7009f109ccbd2328c16d.patch . Applied upstream.
2016-12-08 - email@example.com
- update to 0.8:
* maint: improve documentation for fsync() calls
* use sha256 rather than md5 to checksum file contents
* maint: remove stale comment
* document --help and --version
* fix spelling in --help and man page
* fix processing of lines starting with "rem"
* bump version for release
- add 3c52bd938975f7c5b32d7009f109ccbd2328c16d.patch .
Fixes symlink handling when writing linked files.
2016-02-18 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 0.7 (bsc#966695):
* Separate locking files are no longer used which avoids deadlock in
cases where the system is stopped in the small window where these
* Files are now synced after writing for better Durability.
* crudini no longer removes a blank line from the start of a file
which has no sections, or options outside a section. [bug
introduced in version 0.5]
* Lock files are cleaned up robustly. Previously there was a race
condition resulting in blocked subsequent edits, due to a
lingering lock file.
* --del will ignore requests to delete a parameter in a non-existing
section (unless --existing is used). Previously it failed citing
the missing section.
* The --existing option takes parameters to give more control over
what needs to pre-exist. So you can specify for example that a
file needs to exist, but any items within it are created as
* A new --verbose option was added to indicate on stderr wether the
request resulted in a config change or not. This can be used to
determine whether to restart programs etc.
Changes in behavior
* Files are created by default if missing, unless --existing is
* Protections against creating unparseable ini files were added.
* stdin can be parsed just as with normal files.
* File writes are avoided if there are no changes to the config.
2014-10-10 - email@example.com
- update to 0.4:
* add --format=lines to support line by line processing
* doc: tweak readme to mention --format=lines
* Declare encoding to avoid fatal error
* fix duplicate DEFAULT section header being output
* ensure edited ini file contents are always complete
* split out --options from synopsis
* send --help to stdout
* provide alternative --rewrite file editing option
* provide --output option to allow redirecting output
* use only the base 'crudini' name in --help
* ensure writes to the edited ini are never lost
* add a new --list option to update a list of values
* honor case when merging new parameters
2013-09-27 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial package (0.3)