2018-12-08 - Peter Simons <email@example.com>
- Tweak Cabal build instructions to accept zip-archive 0.4.x.
2018-12-02 - Peter Simons <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update Cabal build instructions to support network version 2.8.x.
2018-10-04 - email@example.com
- Update cabal-install to version 18.104.22.168.
* Bugfix: "cabal new-build --ghc-option '--bogus' --ghc-option '-O1'"
no longer ignores all arguments except the last one (#5512).
* Add the following option aliases for '-dir'-suffixed options:
'storedir', 'logsdir', 'packagedir', 'sourcedir', 'outputdir' (#5484).
* 'new-run' now allows the user to run scripts that use a special block
to define their requirements (as in the executable stanza) in place
of a target. This also allows the use of 'cabal' as an interpreter
in a shebang line.
* Add aliases for the "new-" commands that won't change when they
lose their prefix or are eventually replaced by a third UI
paradigm in the future. (#5429)
* 'outdated' now accepts '--project-file FILE', which will look for bounds
from the new-style freeze file named FILE.freeze. This is only
available when `--new-freeze-file` has been passed.
* 'new-repl' now accepts a '--build-depends' flag which accepts the
same syntax as is used in .cabal files to add additional dependencies
to the environment when developing in the REPL. It is now usable outside
of projects. (#5425, #5454)
* 'new-build' now treats Haddock errors non-fatally. In addition,
it attempts to avoid trying to generate Haddocks when there is
nothing to generate them from. (#5232, #5459)
* 'new-run', 'new-test', and 'new-bench' now will attempt to resolve
ambiguous selectors by filtering out selectors that would be invalid.
* 'new-install' now supports installing libraries and local
* Drop support for GHC 7.4, since it is out of our support window
(and has been for over a year!).
* 'new-update' now works outside of projects. (#5096)
* Extend `plan.json` with `pkg-src` provenance information. (#5487)
* Add 'new-sdist' command (#5389). Creates stable archives based on
cabal projects in '.zip' and '.tar.gz' formats.
* Add '--repl-options' flag to 'cabal repl' and 'cabal new-repl'
commands. Passes its arguments to the invoked repl, bypassing the
new-build's cached configurations. This assures they don't trigger
useless rebuilds and are always applied within the repl. (#4247, #5287)
* Add 'v1-' prefixes for the commands that will be replaced in the
new-build universe, in preparation for it becoming the default.
* 'outdated' accepts '--v1-freeze-file' and '--v2-freeze-file'
in the same spirit.
* Completed the 'new-clean' command (#5357). The functionality is
equivalent to old-style clean, but for nix-style builds.
* Ensure that each package selected for a build-depends dependency
contains a library (#5304).
* Support packages from local tarballs in the cabal.project file.
* Default changelog generated by 'cabal init' is now named
* Align output of 'new-build' command phases (#4040).
2018-07-18 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cosmetic: replace tabs with blanks, strip trailing white space,
and update copyright headers with spec-cleaner.