2019-03-26 - email@example.com
- Use alsa API properly. Consumers are expected to use
<alsa/asoundlib.h> instead of <asoundlib.h>.
This is in preparation of an change to pkgconfig(alsa) to
not pollute CFLAGS with -I/usr/include/alsa anymore (bsc#1130333)
2019-02-28 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 6.0:
+ Too many changes; please read ChangeLog :
- Rebased brltty-5.5-systemd-install.patch
- api_version is now 0.7.0, and sover is now 0_7
- brltty-systemd-wrapper now installs into /usr/libexec
- Pass libexecdir in configure
- LICENSE-GPL no longer exists
- Package binaries new in 6.0
2018-05-15 - email@example.com
- use brltty.path for systemd macros (boo#1074096 again)
2018-03-12 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use correct license
2018-03-05 - email@example.com
- Update to version 5.6
* General updates:
+ BRLTTY has been relicensed to the LGPL (from the GPL).
+ Better cursor routing handling of status line updates and
+ The Track Screen Scroll setting has been added.
+ The Word Wrap setting has been added.
+ Panning left when using a contraction table now word wraps.
+ Typing dismisses an alert message.
+ The test for when INFO does text maximization instead has
+ Overrides are now applied when the preferences haven't yet
+ The Inceptor braille driver (from Innovision) has been added.
* The Baum braille driver:
+ On models with B9 and B10 by the joystick, both are
interpreted as Space.
+ Input packet handling for Pronto! V3 models has been fixed.
* The EuroBraille braille driver:
+ Improved autodetection when using Bluetooth.
+ The Esytime braille keyboard can be used over Bluetooth and
+ For Esytime models, B5 has been renamed to B8.
* The HIMS braille driver:
+ The Smart Beetle is now recognized when using Bluetooth.
* The HumanWare braille driver:
+ The BrailleNote Touch is recognized when using USB.
* BrlAPI changes:
+ The version is now 0.6.7 (it was 0.6.6).
+ The brlapi_getModelIdentifier() function has been added to
+ The default character set is now based on the user's locale.
+ Sessions would occasionally hang when connecting.
+ PolKit authentication is no longer attempted when it isn't
+ Reading raw key codes no longer uses key ranges.
* Text tables:
+ The lt (Lithuanian) table has been updated.
+ The uk (Ukrainian) table has been added.
* Contraction tables:
+ The fr-abrege (French) table has been updated.
+ The lt (Lithuanian) table has been added.
+ Support has been added for LibLouis tables.
+ brltty-ctb's output is now UTF-8 (rather than ASCII).
* Key tables:
+ The ifPlatform and ifNotPlatform directives have been added.
* Systemd changes:
+ Path (rather than target) units are now used to manage BRLTTY
* Build features:
+ Add the reload target to the make files for Systemd and Udev.
+ A make file for install/uninstall of the AppStream rules has
+ Python 3.6 is supported.
- Use espeak-ng when available
2018-01-03 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix %pre, %post, and %postun: brltty.service is now
2017-12-05 - email@example.com
- Drop python2 dependency (fate#323526)
2017-09-01 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 5.5
+ HandyTech's Actilino is supported.
+ HumanWare's Braille Note Touch is supported.
+ The Orbit 20 is supported.
+ Various other changes; please read ChangeLog :
- Drop brltty-udev-rule.patch, brltty-polkit-fixes.patch,
brltty.makedev.patch, and brltty.ocaml.patch: fixed upstream.
- Add brltty-5.5-systemd-install.patch: fix systemd service
directory on lib64
- polkit policy is now named org.a11y.brlapi.policy
- API version is now 0.6.6
- Don't create rcbrltty (why were we symlinking a systemd unit
file here? Seems wrong)