2018-08-01 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- can't package database in /var/lib/GeoIP anymore as it breaks with
transactional updates (boo#1093352). Ideally one would put the
static version in /usr/share with the files in /var overriding
that. Since GeoIP is considered deprecated in favor of
libmaxminddb anyways, we'll just ship GeoIP-data as empty shell to
own the files for uninstall.
2018-03-15 - email@example.com
- Update to version 1.6.12:
* Populate metro and area code when performing lookups in IPv6
City databases. Previously this was only done when using IPv4
- Modernise spec file with spec-cleaner
2017-11-16 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rectify RPM groups.
Remove pointless --with-pic since there are no static libs.
2017-11-16 - email@example.com
- Update to version 1.6.11:
* Fix use of a NULL pointer when opening a corrupt database with
* GeoIP_database_info now returns the full version string rather
than incorrectly truncating it.
2016-06-16 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix compilation errors seen by GCC6.
2016-02-04 - email@example.com
- Update to 1.6.9
* Fix a regression introduced in version 1.6.8, which caused
GeoIP_database_info to erroneously return NULL.
- Changes for 1.6.8
* Allow compilation on older systems by relaxing the autoconf
and automake minimum versions. Thank you, Jose Rubio!
* Avoid potential problems in multi-threaded environments by
consistently using pread() rather than read().
* Fix various small issues reported by clang's static analyser.
2015-11-16 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.6.7
* Fixed a MSVC parser stack overflow when parsing regionName.c
and timeZone.c. Fix by elliotlo. GitHub #64.
* Updated region codes and timezones.
When using GEOIP_MEMORY_CACHE with an invalid database file,
the search tree traversal could attempt to read memory outside
of the memory allocated for the memory cache, resulting in a
segmentation fault. A check was added to ensure that the
traversal code does not try to read beyond the end of the file,
whether in memory, memory mapped, or on disk.
* Previously the return values from file reads were ignored. We now
check these values to ensure that there were no errors.
- copy the tools from the debian package to work with the database
files. new BR gcc-c++. Files are installed into the same path as
on debian /usr/lib/geoip/. new binaries:
2015-09-28 - email@example.com
- Update to 1.6.6
* Replaced usage of deprecated fileno, read, and lseek on Visual
Studio 2005+ with their ISO C++ conformant replacements.
* A warning about using a double as a float was fixed.
* Fixed segfault when doing a lookup on an empty database.
* Fixed a memcheck error from valgrind in the _check_mtime
* Fixed _check_mtime to check the return value of gettimeofday
rather than just assuming it worked.
2015-03-12 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remove unused zlib build requirement
- fix pubpackage arch build error, for SLE 11 SP3
2015-03-10 - email@example.com
* Updated LICENSE, using the upstream version.
* The GPL license has been removed:test-driver is licensed under the GPL but
is not packaged, libGeoIPUpdate is no longer part of the package.
* Changed handling of ghost files.
* Moved data into a seperate package.