2018-06-13 - email@example.com
- Update to version 3.0.0
* New features:
+ `mpi4py.futures`: Execute computations asynchronously using a pool
of MPI processes. This package is based on ``concurrent.futures``
from the Python standard library.
+ `mpi4py.run`: Run Python code and abort execution in case of
unhandled exceptions to prevent deadlocks.
+ `mpi4py.bench`: Run basic MPI benchmarks and tests.
+ Lowercase, pickle-based collective communication calls are now
thread-safe through the use of fine-grained locking.
+ The ``MPI`` module now exposes a ``memory`` type which is a
lightweight variant of the builtin ``memoryview`` type, but
exposes both the legacy Python 2 and the modern Python 3 buffer
interface under a Python 2 runtime.
+ The ``MPI.Comm.Alltoallw()`` method now uses ``count=1`` and
``displ=0`` as defaults, assuming that messages are specified
through user-defined datatypes.
+ The ``Request.Wait[all]()`` methods now return ``True`` to match
the interface of ``Request.Test[all]()``.
+ The ``Win`` class now implements the Python buffer interface.
* Backward-incompatible changes:
+ The ``buf`` argument of the ``MPI.Comm.recv()`` method is
deprecated, passing anything but ``None`` emits a warning.
+ The ``MPI.Win.memory`` property was removed, use the
``MPI.Win.tomemory()`` method instead.
+ Executing ``python -m mpi4py`` in the command line is now
equivalent to ``python -m mpi4py.run``. For the former behavior,
use ``python -m mpi4py.bench``.
+ Python 2.6 and 3.2 are no longer supported. The ``mpi4py.MPI``
module may still build and partially work, but other pure-Python
modules under the ``mpi4py`` namespace will not.
+ Windows: Remove support for legacy MPICH2, Open MPI, and DeinoMPI.
- Switch to recommended openmpi2 for distributions that support it.
2017-10-25 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- adapt to new openlmi package - source mpivars.h during build
2017-05-23 - email@example.com
- Implement single-spec version
- Fix source URL.
- Package docs
2017-01-25 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update description. Drop redundant %clean.
2017-01-24 - email@example.com
- install LICENSE.rst as suggest in request#445611
2016-12-11 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2.0.0
* Support for MPI-3 features.
* Support for MPI-2 features not included in previous releases.
* New scalable implementation of reduction operations for Python objects.
2013-10-24 - email@example.com
- Update to version 1.3.1
* Regenerate C wrappers with Cython 0.19.1 to support Python 3.3.
* Install ``*.pxd`` files in ``<site-packages>/mpi4py`` to ease the
support for Cython's ``cimport`` statement in code requiring to
access mpi4py internals.
* As a side-effect of using Cython 0.19.1, ancient Python 2.3 is no
longer supported. If you really need it, you can install an older
Cython and run ``python setup.py build_src --force``.
2012-05-22 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.3
- Add Python 3 package
2012-02-25 - email@example.com
- fix build for SLE-11
2012-01-06 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.2.2
- Clean up spec file
- Switch to .changes file