2019-04-16 - Ferdinand Thiessen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 1.3.7:
* Fixed the handling of Unicode codepoints > U+FFFF
- Dropped fix-EbmlSInteger-limits.patch, fixed upstream.
2018-07-30 - email@example.com
- Added fix-EbmlSInteger-limits.patch from upstream.
* Fixes build with openSUSE <= 42.3
2018-07-30 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.3.6:
* Fixed undefined behavior when reading signed integers with
negative values from files.
* Fixed a small memory leak when reading an element runs into an
I/O exception (e.g. due to having reached the end of the file).
* Fixed the EbmlMaster::GetDataStart() function returning wrong
values for elements with an infinite/unknown size.
* Fixed finding the next element ID when garbage data is
encountered during the scan for the ID.
* Fixed several potential situations where reading child element
data could exceed the parent element's size.
2017-08-25 - email@example.com
- Update to 1.3.5
* The function EbmlMaster::CheckMandatory() will now only return
false if a mandatory element is missing for which there's no
default value in the specifications. This means that callers
such as EbmlMaster::UpdateSize() and by extension
EbmlMaster::Render() will not insist on all mandatory elements
being present anymore, but only those for which there's
no default value.
* Added a template function `FindNextChild`.
* Fix reading and EBML element even though the ID was not found
within the allowed reading limit.
* Fixed an instance of undefined behavior in
EbmlElement::GetSemantic() due to binding a dereferenced null
pointer to a reference.
2016-07-15 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.3.4
* Some minor changes required for clang
* Some minor changes for C99 support
* Required for mkvtoolnix >= 9.3.0
2015-10-22 - email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.3.3 (security fixes!):
* EbmlUnicodeString::UpdateFromUTF8(): Fixed an invalid memory
access. When reading from a UTF-8 string in which the length
indicated by a UTF-8 character's first byte exceeds the string's
actual number of bytes the parser would access beyond the end of
the string resulting in a heap information leak. Fixes the issue
reported as Cisco TALOS-CAN-0036.
* EbmlElement::ReadCodedSizeValue(): Fixed an invalid memory
access. When reading a EBML variable length integer value a read
access beyond the end of the available buffer was possible if
fewer bytes were available than indicated by the first byte
resulting in a heap information leak.
* EbmlMaster::Read(): When the parser encountered a deeply nested
element with an infinite size then a following element of an upper
level was not propagated correctly. Instead the element with the
infinite size was added into the EBML element tree a second time
resulting in memory access after freeing it and multiple attempts
to free the same memory address during destruction. Fixes the
issue reported as Cisco TALOS-CAN-0037.
* EbmlElement::FindNextElement(): Handle EOF when reading the
element size properly.
2015-05-01 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update package descriptions a bit
2015-02-11 - email@example.com
- Add back BuildRoot: the rpm version of SLE11 still requires this
and libebml is linked to 3rd party Build Servers, where building
for SLE11 is still enabled.
2015-02-01 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to new upstream release 1.3.1
* EbmlMaster: Fixed read() trying to calculate the end position of
elements with an unknown size. This avoids endless loops and
assertions in certain cases.
* EbmlElement::Render(): does not catch exceptions anymore.
Instead, exceptions generated from the IOCallback class (e.g.
if a write failed) are propagated to the caller.
- Drop libebml-1.3.0-6efcb74d1e.patch (no longer relevant)
2014-08-06 - email@example.com
- Set RPM groups