2018-09-29 - Luigi Baldoni <email@example.com>
- Update to version 0.5.4
* Graph port-type colors are now configurable (cf. menu
View > Colors.
* Make Graph nodes (ie. client boxes) transparent for yet
some eye-candiness ;). Also keep the (Graph) current
selection across port (dis)connections.
* Drawing patchbay connector lines as (bezier) curves is
now a difinitive and fixed feature (as long as no more
remains from the so called "Cambric explosion era" are
still lurking in there).
* AppStream metadata updated to be the most compliant with
latest freedesktop.org specification and recommendation.
* Graph auto-layout improvement for brand new node clients.
* Avoid showing setup warning when no server settings have
* Fixed JACK D-Bus settings for MIDI driver parameter.
* Portuguese (pt) translation added (by Heitor Rocha).
* AppData/AppStream metadata is now settled under an all
permisssive license (FSFAP).
* Improved Graph rubberband add (Shift) and toggle (Ctrl)
* Added user preference option: Setup / Misc / Buttons /
Replace Connections with Graph button (on main window).
* Added a zoom slider control to the Graph view status bar.
* Respect ALSA Sequencer support option also on Graph view.
* Regression to new Graph node/ports sorting comparator;
also fixed multiple and many port removals, most probably
causing it to crash due to double-free/delete potential.
* Fixed the automatic aggregation of new Graph client nodes
that are split as either input or output only (ie. system,
terminal, physical or otherwise non-duplex nodes).
* Added View/Zoom Range mode option to Graph tool.
* Half a decade later, recent new custom entries may now get
removed from Session Infra-client list.
* Some rather old, better said "Cambric explosion era", user
preference options have been ditched altogether: Display /
Time Format; Display / Shiny glass light effect; Display /
Connections/Draw connections and patchbay lines as Bezier
curves; Misc/Configure as temporary server.
* A brand new and way long overdue connections Graph widget
is finally introduced, only to be accessible through the
context menu at this time.
* Extended multi-selection is now supported on all Connections
client/port lists, allowing for multiple (dis)connections at
* Disable singleton/unique application instance setup logic
when the display server platform is not X11.
* A little hardening on the configure (autoconf) macro side.
* Current preset is always taken into account if ever changes
while the Setup dialog is hidden (eg. via context menu).
* Desktop entry specification file is now finally independent
from build/configure template chains.
* Updated target path for freedesktop.org's AppStream metainfo
file (formerly AppData).
* On some desktop-shells, the system tray icon blinking on
XRUN ocurrences, have been found responsible to excessive
CPU usage, an "eye-candy" effect which is now optional as
far as Setup/Display/Blink server mode indicator goes.
* Added French man page (by Olivier Humbert, thanks).
* Make builds reproducible byte for byte, by getting rid of
the configure build date and time stamps.
* Fixed an early crash when the singleton/unique application
instance setup option is turned off.
* Almost complete overhaul on the configure script command
line options, wrt. installation directories specification,
eg. --prefix, --bindir, --libdir, --datadir and --mandir.