2018-12-15 - Bjørn Lie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 0.99.0:
- All the internal API for device driver writers is now covered
by the documentation and has been enhanced to make it easier
to write drivers.
- Update internal NBIS fingerprint data processing library to
one that's nearly 10 years newer.
- Re-add accessor for minutia coordinates which was used in the
very old fprint_demo program, but also by our new GTK+ test
program (see below).
- Fix a crash when too many minutiae were detected in a
+ Drivers: Support more devices in the Elan driver, stability
+ Tools: Add a test GTK+ application that will eventually be used
for testing drivers without modifying the OS installed version.
Note that this application currently requires manually changing
permissions of USB devices, this will be fixed when the
infrastructure exists to access those devices without
additional permissions, as a normal user.
- Changes from version 0.8.2:
- Add USB ID for TNP Nano USB Fingerprint Reader.
- Fix UPEKTS enrollment never finishing on some devices.
- Fix fp_get_pollfds() retval type, a small ABI change
- Downgrade fatal errors to run-time warnings, as a number of
drivers used to throw silent errors and we made them fatal.
Those will now be visible warnings, hopefully helping with
- Changes from version 0.8.1:
+ Brown paperbag release to install the udev rules file in the
correct directory if the udev pkg-config file doesn't have a
- Changes from version 0.8.0:
+ Port to meson as the build system.
+ Port documentation to gtk-doc.
- Add Elan driver
- Increase threshold to detect encryption on URU4000 devices.
- Remove already replaced UPEKE2 driver.
- Fix possible crash caused by vfs5011 when no lines were
- Fix a number of memory and file descriptor leaks and
- Make NSS (and URU4000) driver optional.
- Fix assembling of frames for non-reverse and non reverse
- Split internal private header to clarify drivers API.
- Simplify logging system, now all the builds can be used to
output debug information.
- Mark fp_dscv_print functions as deprecated.
+ Udev rules: Add some unsupported devices to the whitelist.
- Changes from version 0.7.0:
- Add VFS0050 driver.
- Fix possible crash in AES3500 and AES4000.
- Fix broken enrollment in VFS101.
- Better verification with small sensor scanners.
- Plenty of fixes in VFS5011.
- Fix memory corruption in AES1610.
- Improve calibration settings for AES1610.
- Improve image assembling in upeksonly driver.
- Autodetect whether image is encrypted in uru4k.
- NBIS: Remove false minutia at the edge of partial image.
- Introduce routines to assemble image from lines (used in
VFS5011 and upeksonly).
- Fix a bug that can cause driver state machine to enter into
+ Udev rules: Add driver name to the USB properties.
+ Plenty of build fixes.
- Switch to meson buildsystem, add meson BuildRequires and macros
following upstreams port.
- Drop automake and libtool BuildRequires, no longer needed.
- Run spec-cleaner, modernize spec, use modern macros.
- Drop libfprint-upeke2_6stage.diff and
libfprint-install_examples.patch: No longer needed, nor applies
due to upstream changes.
- Drop _service file, upstream moved to gitlab, and have unique
download urls now, so service file no longer usefull.
- Drop examples subpackage and obsolete it, follow fedoras
packaging lead here.