2019-11-14 - Martin Hauke <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Update to version 0.93.2
* Lightmaps are now dynamically allocated (from QSS), and
BLOCK_WIDTH/HEIGHT raised from 128 to 256.
* Fixed several uncheked limits that would crash the Slayer's
* Raised MAXALIASTRIS from 2048 to 4096, so that the Slayer's
Testaments mod works.
* Fixed 'pants' and 'shirt' types so that those textures load
correctly on platforms where char is unsigned by default
? Update the third-party libraries. Other fixes/cleanups.
2018-08-05 - email@example.com
- Update to version 0.93.1
* Fixed a fog regression which was introduced in 0.93.0.
* Fixed a crash (buffer overflow) with invalid vis data.
* Fixed buttons crushing players in 64-bit builds.
* Change controller movement to use cubic easing by default; added
* config.cfg is no longer written in case of a Sys_Error.
* Fixed Opus encoded cd tracks not being recognized as ripped tracks.
* Update the third-party libraries. Other fixes/cleanups.
- Update to version 0.93.0
* Raise default "joy_deadzone_trigger" cvar to 0.2.
* Raise console buffer size to 1MB.
* Raise MAX_STATIC_ENTITIES from 512 to 4096.
* Raise MAX_STACK_DEPTH from 32 to 64.
* Raise command buffer size from 8K to 256K to support large configs.
* Remove MAX_EFRAGS and MAX_MAP_LEAFS limits.
* Remove "Loadgame buffer overflow" limit, which could happen when
loading DP or QSS saves.
* Adjust "exceeds standard limit of" debug warnings to include the
actual QS limit.
* Change "game" command to now exec quake.rc.
* Change "games" / "mods" commands to list all subdirectories.
* Restore vid_refreshrate from fitzquake-0.85 for SDL2 builds.
* Alpha-masked model support. (MF_HOLEY: 0x4000).
* Invalid skin index now draws skin 0 (WinQuake behaviour) instead of
* Change default screenshot format to png. The 'screenshot' command
now supports optional format (tga, png or jpg) and quality (1-100)
* Revert "always run" changes from 0.85.9 and move the QuakeSpasm
customizations to a new "cl_alwaysrun" cvar: Set to 1 in order to
scale forward/side/up speed by "cl_movespeedkey" (usually 2), and
to make "speedkey" act as "slowkey".
* Change "always run" menu option to offer three choices:
- off (cl_alwaysrun 0, cl_forwardspeed 200, cl_backspeed 200)
- vanilla (cl_alwaysrun 0, cl_forwardspeed 400, cl_backspeed 400)
- quakespasm (cl_alwaysrun 1, cl_forwardspeed 200, cl_backspeed 200)
* New "r_scale" cvar. Set to 2, 3, or 4 to render the view at 1/2,
1/3, or 1/4 resolution.
* New "r_viewmodel_quake" cvar. Set to 1 for WinQuake gun position
* New "find" / "apropos" command, searches for commands/cvar names
for the given substring (from Spike).
* New "randmap" command for loading a random map.
* New "gl_cshiftpercent_contents", "gl_cshiftpercent_damage",
"gl_cshiftpercent_bonus", "gl_cshiftpercent_powerup" cvars for
tuning the strength of specic view blends.
* GL2 renderer: use a GLSL shader for world faces. Fixes reports of
integrated+discrete GPU laptops having inconsistent fog rendering.
* Fix macOS startup delay (avoid calling gethostbyname() for ".local"
* Fix memory corruption in PF_lightstyle with out of bounds
* Fix crash in BoundPoly with polygons extending beyond +/-9999.
* Fix QS window to stay on the current monitor when changing video
modes (SDL2 only).
* Fix possible freeze in SV_TouchLinks regardless of what QC does in
the touch function.
* Fix for maps with empty strings for vector keys (e.g. "origin");
don't read uninitialized memory.
* Support for Open Watcom compiler.
* Update the third-party libraries.
2017-06-27 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix broken appdata xml