2020-02-04 - Ludwig Nussel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- new version 1.20.1
The changes from 1.20.0 include:
* Implemented the AL_SOFT_direct_channels_remix extension.
* This extends AL_DIRECT_CHANNELS_SOFT to optionally remix input channels that don't have a matching output channel.
* Implemented the AL_SOFT_bformat_ex extension.
* This extends B-Format buffer support for N3D or SN3D scaling, or ACN channel ordering.
* Fixed a potential voice leak when a source is started and stopped or restarted in quick succession.
* Fixed a potential device reset failure with JACK.
* Improved handling of unsupported channel configurations with WASAPI.
* Such setups will now try to output at least a stereo mix.
* Improved clarity a bit for the HRTF second-order ambisonic decoder.
* Improved detection of compatible layouts for SOFA files in makemhr and sofa-info.
* Added the ability to resample HRTFs on load.
* MHR files no longer need to match the device sample rate to be usable.
* Added an option to limit the HRTF's filter length.
The changes from 1.19.1 include:
* Converted the library codebase to C++11.
* A lot of hacks and custom structures have been replaced with standard or cleaner implementations.
* Partially implemented the Vocal Morpher effect.
* Fixed the bsinc SSE resamplers on non-GCC compilers.
* Fixed OpenSL capture.
* Fixed support for extended capture formats with OpenSL.
* Fixed handling of WASAPI not reporting a default device.
* Fixed performance problems relating to semaphores on macOS.
* Modified the bsinc12 resampler's transition band to better avoid aliasing noise.
* Modified alcResetDeviceSOFT to attempt recovery of disconnected devices.
* Modified the virtual speaker layout for HRTF B-Format decoding.
* Modified the PulseAudio backend to use a custom processing loop.
* Renamed the makehrtf utility to makemhr.
* Improved the efficiency of the bsinc resamplers when up-sampling.
* Improved the quality of the bsinc resamplers slightly.
* Improved the efficiency of the HRTF filters.
* Improved the HRTF B-Format decoder coefficient generation.
* Improved reverb feedback fading to be more consistent with pan fading.
* Improved handling of sources that end prematurely, avoiding loud clicks.
* Improved the performance of some reverb processing loops.
* Added fast_bsinc12 and 24 resamplers that improve efficiency at the cost of some quality.
* Notably, down-sampling has less smooth pitch ramping.
* Added support for SOFA input files with makemhr.
* Added a build option to use pre-built native tools.
* For cross-compiling, use with caution and ensure the native tools' binaries are kept up-to-date.
* Added an adjust-latency config option for the PulseAudio backend.
* Added basic support for multi-field HRTFs.
* Added an option for mixing first- or second-order B-Format with HRTF output.
* This can improve HRTF performance given a number of sources.
* Added an RC file for proper DLL version information.
* Disabled some old KDE workarounds by default.
* Specifically, PulseAudio streams can now be moved (KDE may try to move them after opening).
- makehrtf tool was renamed to makemhr
- disable jack backend as it doesn't work due to missing jack_error_callback
2019-05-29 - Martin Pluskal <email@example.com>
- Use more of macros for building
- Build gui config tool as well
2019-04-06 - Jan Engelhardt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Trim bias from description, trim metadata duplication from
description, trim main description repetition in lesser
subpackages' description. Spruce up summaries. Fix SRPM group.
- Add missing Requires inside baselibs.conf.
- Remove insatisfiable Recommends. Add Provides/Conflicts
for the move of makehrtf.