2018-05-04 - email@example.com
- Build with nasm >= 2.13 for openSUSE Leap 42.3 and SLE-12, since
new enough nasm is now available for them.
2018-03-01 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2.7:
* New features:
- option:`--gop-lookahead` can be used to extend the gop
boundary(set by `--keyint`). The GOP will be extended, if a
scene-cut frame is found within this many number of frames.
- Support for RADL pictures added in x265.
- option:`--radl` can be used to decide number of RADL pictures
preceding the IDR picture.
* Encoder enhancements:
- Moved from YASM to NASM assembler. Supports NASM assembler
version 2.13 and greater.
- Enable analysis save and load in a single run. Introduces two
new cli options `--analysis-save <filename>` and
- Comply to HDR10+ LLC specification.
- Reduced x265 build time by more than 50% by re-factoring
* Bug fixes:
- Fixed inconsistent output issue in deblock filter and
- Fixed Mac OS build warnings.
- Fixed inconsistency in pass-2 when weightp and cutree are
- Fixed deadlock issue due to dropping of BREF frames, while
forcing slice types through qp file.
- Bump soname to 151, also in baselibs.conf following upstream
- Replace yasm with nasm BuildRequires following upstreams changes.
2017-12-01 - email@example.com
- Update to version 2.6
* x265 can now refine analysis from a previous HEVC encode (using
options --refine-inter, and --refine-intra), or a previous AVC
encode (using option --refine-mv-type). The previous encode’s
information can be packaged using the x265_analysis_data_t data
field available in the x265_picture object.
* Basic support for segmented (or chunked) encoding added with
- -vbv-end that can specify the status of CPB at the end of a
segment. String this together with --vbv-init to encode a title
as chunks while maintaining VBV compliance!
* --force-flush can be used to trigger a premature flush of the
encoder. This option is beneficial when input is known to be
bursty, and may be at a rate slower than the encoder.
* Experimental feature --lowpass-dct that uses truncated DCT for
* Slice-parallel mode gets a significant boost in performance,
particularly in low-latency mode.
* x265 now officially supported on VS2017.
* x265 now supports all depths from mono0 to mono16 for Y4M
* Options that modified PPS dynamically (--opt-qp-pps and
- -opt-ref-list-length-pps) are now disabled by default to
enable users to save bits by not sending headers. If these
options are enabled, headers have to be repeated for every GOP.
* Rate-control and analysis parameters can dynamically be
reconfigured simultaneously via the x265_encoder_reconfig API.
* New API functions to extract intermediate information such as
slice-type, scenecut information, reference frames, etc. are
now available. This information may be beneficial to
integrating applications that are attempting to perform
content-adaptive encoding. Refer to documentation on
x265_get_ref_frame_list for more details and suggested usage.
* A new API to pass supplemental CTU information to x265 to
influence analysis decisions has been added. Refer to
documentation on x265_encoder_ctu_info for more details.
* Bug fixes when --slices is used with VBV settings.
* Minor memory leak fixed for HDR10+ builds, and default x265
when pools option is specified.
* HDR10+ bug fix to remove dependence on poc counter to select