2017-06-26 - email@example.com
- Update to version 1.2.1:
+ This fixes an issue where the encoder can misdetect that the
signal is SWB instead of FB, lowpassing the signal. This patch
makes the encoder much more careful about doing that.
2017-06-21 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cleanup with spec-cleaner
2017-06-20 - email@example.com
- Update to version 1.2
+ Speech quality improvements especially in the 12-20 kbit/s
+ Improved VBR encoding for hybrid mode
+ More aggressive use of wider speech bandwidth, including
fullband speech starting at 14 kbit/s
+ Music quality improvements in the 32-48 kb/s range
+ Generic and SSE CELT optimizations
+ Support for directly encoding packets up to 120 ms
+ DTX support for CELT mode
+ SILK CBR improvements
+ Support for all of the fixes in
draft-ietf-codec-opus-update-06 (the mono downmix and the
folding fixes need --enable-update-draft)
+ Many bug fixes, including integer wrap-arounds discovered
through fuzzing (no security implications)
- Removed static package
2017-05-28 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.1.5
+ This release backports the surround encoder bug fix from
2017-03-11 - email@example.com
- Rename %soname to %sover to better reflect its use.
RPM group fix.
2017-02-26 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.1.4 (CVE-2017-0381):
+ A specially-crafted Opus packet could cause an integer
wrap-around in the SILK LSF stabilization code. This would
cause an out-of-bounds read 256 bytes before a constant table.
- Drop opus-NLSF-not-negative.patch: Fixed upstream.
2017-01-16 - email@example.com
- Fix CVE-2017-0381 (boo#1020102), opus: remote code execution
vulnerability in silk/NLSF_stabilize.c.
- Add opus-NLSF-not-negative.patch: Ensure that NLSF cannot be
negative when computing a min distance between them.
2016-08-13 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.1.3:
+ Neon optimizations improving performance on ARMv7 and ARMv8 by
up to 15%.
+ Fixes some issues with 16-bit platforms (e.g. TI C55x).
+ Fixes to comfort noise generation (CNG).
+ Documenting that PLC packets can also be 2 bytes.
+ Includes experimental ambisonics work (--enable-ambisonics).
- Stop passing conditional --enable/disable-intrinsics, it's
enabled by default now.
- Not adding the new --enable-ambisonics to configure, it's still
2016-01-27 - email@example.com
- Disable SSE2 in SLE_11 due to code or compiler bugs.
2016-01-26 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enable tests during package build
- Cleanup spec file with spec-cleaner
- Drop not needed libtool dependency for build