2018-07-06 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 3.6
* A new --extra-data option can be used to fill in a user-defined
string field that appears in JSON output.
* A new --repeating-payload option makes iperf3 use a payload pattern
similar to that used by iperf2, which could help in recreating
results that might be affected by payload entropy (for example,
* -B now works properly with SCTP tests.
* A compile fix for Solaris 10 was added.
* Some minor bug fixes for JSON output. In particular, warnings for
debug and/or verbose modes with --json output and a fix for
JSON output on CentOS 6
2018-03-12 - email@example.com
- update to 3.5
* Bug fixes mostly
2017-11-07 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 3.3
* Bug fixes
2017-09-22 - email@example.com
- update to 3.2
* Authentication mechanism added
* New --dscp option allows specifying the DSCP value
* Details: https://github.com/esnet/iperf/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES
* Bug fixes
2016-08-11 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to version 3.1.3
* fixes [boo#984453] [CVE-2016-4303] JSON parsing vulnerability
* also includes support for fair-queueing, per-socket based
pacing of tests on platforms that support it (currently recent
Linux distributions), as well as several other fixes.
2016-02-08 - email@example.com
- update to version 3.1.2
* Bug fixes
2016-02-08 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fix url so OBS is happy.
2015-12-14 - email@example.com
- update to version 3.1.1
* Minor bugfixes
2015-11-30 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.1
* SCTP support has been added (with the --sctp flag), on Linux,
FreeBSD, and Solaris (issue #131).
* Setting CPU affinity now works on FreeBSD.
* Selection of TCP congestion now works on FreeBSD, and is now
called --congestion (the old --linux-congestion option works
but is now deprecated).
* A new -I option for the server causes it to write a PID file,
mostly useful for daemon mode (issue #120).
* A --logfile argument can now force all output to go to a file,
rather than to a file. This is especially useful when running an
iperf3 server in daemon mode (issue #119).
* Various compatibility fixes for Android (issue #184, issue #185),
iOS (issue #288), NetBSD (issue #248), Solaris (issue #175, issue
[#178], issue #180, issue #211), vxWorks (issue #268).
* A --udp-counters-64bit flag has been added to support very
long-running UDP tests, which could cause a counter to overflow
* A --cport option to specify the client-side port has been added
(issue #207, issue #209, issue #239).
* Some calculation errors with the -O feature have been fixed (issue
* A potential crash in the iperf3 server has been fixed (issue #257,
* Many miscellaneous bug fixes.
* Consumers of libiperf can now get the JSON output for a
just-completed test (issue #147).
* Detection of various optional features has been improved to check
for the presence or absence of platform functionality, not the name
* Out-of-tree builds now work (issue #265).
- Do not provide static library
- Update iperf-3.0.5_disable-profiling.patch > iperf-disable-profiling.patch
2015-04-05 - email@example.com
- iperf 3.0.11
* This maintenance release adds a -1 flag to make the iperf3
execute a single test and exit, needed for an upcoming bwctl
release. A few other bugs are also fixed.