2014-12-28 - email@example.com
- update to 1.6.14:
+ This is just an interim release to fix a crash bug in all output
modes based on fig2dev.
+ Also included is an update to the build scripts to facilitate
building on ARM64 targets, and autodetection of recent versions
of openbabel for im/export should work again
- specfile cleanup using spec-cleaner
- refreshed patches
2012-08-24 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.6.13:
+ New export option "ASY" for Asymptote files
+ Added support for Unicode symbol characters inserted e.g. by
cut-and-paste from LibreOffice
+ Fixed crash on startup due to errors in menu icon setup
+ Batch mode could crash due to incomplete initialisation of
+ Undo/redo in "move fragment"-mode did not work as intended
+ Default extension is now appended to the save filename as needed
+ Fixed exporting to files or directories containing spaces in
- removed upstreamed patches
+ chemtool-1.6.12-fix_segfault_at_startup.patch and
- added enable-undo, disable-rpath and enable-menu to configure
2011-12-15 - email@example.com
- fix build on openSUSE-12.1 using patch
- fix segmentation fault on startup
2009-08-01 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.6.12:
+ This release contains another round of fixes for label
positioning and clipping of bonds around labels.
+ The pen color button has been replaced by a drop-down menu,
and a "white" pen for drawing on colored backgrounds has
+ Chemtool now automatically resizes its main window on small
(netbook) screens, and it can also be used in an non-interactive
mode to create postscript (etc.) output from previously created
chemtool structure files (/usr/bin/chemtoolbg).
+ The Polish translation has been updated, and a new Bulgarian
translation has been added.
2009-01-17 - email@example.com
- maintained now by openSUSE-Education Team
2008-09-22 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- fix some rpmlint warnings and beautify specfile
2008-02-27 - email@example.com
- updated to version 1.6.11
- Key sequences @+ and @- now generate "circle" variants of plus and minus signs
- Bond length and zoom factor are now saved in chemtool files and restored on loading
- Corrected length calculation for labels without sub- or superscripts (thereby fixing
truncation of labels near the edges of a drawing)
- Corrected positioning and inter-character spacing of labels with sub- or superscripts
- Changed OpenOffice output to avoid LaTeX formatting (that fig2sxd does not support)
- Improved clipping of double and triple bonds around labels in the screen view
- Improved the preview function to cope with older (pre-1.6) chemtool files
- The "gtklp" frontend for CUPS is now available from the "print command" menu
- Updated documentation
- dropped patch (Makefile.diff)
2007-04-25 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- updated to version 1.6.10
- Added a "round parentheses" option to the bracket tool.
- Added export to PNG (through fig2dev/gs).
- Added template entries for morphine and several diazoles.
- Improved truncation of bonds around labels in the screen view.
- Redesigned Configuration dialogs.
- XFig and related export modes now support text in non-western
european character sets ("Times" font only) through fig2dev's
- The KDE "kprinter" frontend is now available from the "print command"
- Cleanup no longer removes drop shadows from boxes
- Fixed a potential crash with non-ascii characters in labels (including
electron-pair dots) and gtk2.
- Fixed menu shortcuts getting intercepted by the labeling shortcut mechanism.
- Fixed width of arrowheads in ps/eps.
- Fixed superscript position, national characters and arrowhead size in SVG.
- Fixed a bug in SVG export that could truncate labels in subsequent save or
- removed obsolete zoom.diff