2019-02-10 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update generic-deriving to version 1.12.3.
[#] 1.12.3 [2019.02.09]
* Support `template-haskell-2.15`.
* Add a `gshowList` method to `GShow`, which lets us avoid the need for
`OverlappingInstances` in `Generics.Deriving.TH`. As a consequence, the
`GShow String` instance has been removed, as it is now fully subsumed by
the `GShow [a]` instance (with which it previously overlapped).
* Functions in `Generics.Deriving.TH` now balance groups of `(:*:)` and `(:+:)`
as much as possible (`deriving Generic` was already performing this
optimization, and now `generic-deriving` does too).
* Add a `Generics.Deriving.Default` module demonstrating and explaining
how and why to use `DerivingVia`. There is also a test suite with
2018-10-20 - Peter Simons <email@example.com>
- Use https URL to refer to bugs.opensuse.org.
2018-07-18 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cosmetic: replace tabs with blanks, strip trailing white space,
and update copyright headers with spec-cleaner.
2018-07-13 - email@example.com
- Update generic-deriving to version 1.12.2.
[#] 1.12.2 [2018.06.28]
* Backport the `Generic(1)` instances for `Data.Ord.Down`, introduced in
`base-4.12`. Add `GEq`, `GShow`, `GSemigroup`, `GMonoid`, `GFunctor`,
`GFoldable`, `GTraversable`, and `GCopoint` instances for `Down`.
* Refactor internals using `th-abstraction`.
* Adapt to `Maybe` moving to `GHC.Maybe` in GHC 8.6.
2018-05-14 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update generic-deriving to version 1.12.1 revision 1.
* Adapt to the `EmptyDataDeriving` proposal (introduced in GHC 8.4):
* `Generics.Deriving.TH` now derives `to(1)` and `from(1)` implementations
for empty data types that are strict in the argument.
* Introduce an `EmptyCaseOptions` field to `Options` in
`Generics.Deriving.TH`, which controls whether generated `from(1)`/`to(1)`
implementations for empty data types should use the `EmptyCase` extension
or not (as is the case in GHC 8.4).
* Add `mkFrom0Options`, `mkFrom1Options`, `mkTo0Options`, and `mkTo1Options`
functions to `Generics.Deriving.TH`, which take `EmptyCaseOptions` as
* The backported instances for `V1` are now maximally lazy, as per
`EmptyDataDeriving`. (Previously, some instances would unnecessarily force
their argument, such as the `Eq` and `Ord` instances.)
* Add instances for `V1` in `Generics.Deriving.Copoint`, `.Eq`, `.Foldable`,
`.Functor`, `.Show`, and `.Traversable`.
* Remove the bitrotting `simplInstance` function from `Generics.Deriving.TH`.
2017-08-03 - email@example.com
- Updated with latest spec-cleaner version 0.9.8-8-geadfbbf.
2017-04-19 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.11.2 with cabal2obs.
2017-04-07 - email@example.com
- Update to version 1.11.1 revision 1 with cabal2obs.
2016-09-15 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.11.1 revision 0 with cabal2obs.
2016-07-10 - email@example.com
- Update to version 1.10.5 revision 0 with cabal2obs.