2018-10-10 - email@example.com
- Update QuickCheck to version 220.127.116.11.
QuickCheck 2.12.6 (released 2018-10-02)
* Make arbitrarySizedBoundedIntegral handle huge sizes correctly.
* Add changelog for QuickCheck 2.12.5 :)
QuickCheck 2.12.5 (released 2018-09-30)
* Export isSuccess from Test.QuickCheck.
* Export CoArbitrary even when generics are disabled (bugfix).
* Fix bug in shrinkDecimal.
* Include Test.QuickCheck.Gen in exposed modules for Haddock.
QuickCheck 2.12.3, 2.12.4 (released 2018-09-12)
* Shrinking for Float and Decimal now works by reducing the number
of digits in the number. The new function shrinkDecimal
implements this shrinking behaviour.
* Shrinking for Rational now tries to make the numerator and
denominator of the number smaller. Previously it tried to reduce
the magnitude of the number.
QuickCheck 2.12.2 (released 2018-09-10)
* Fix infinite shrinking loop for fractional types.
* Add SortedList modifier.
QuickCheck 2.12.1 (released 2018-09-06)
* Fix bug in 'classify'.
QuickCheck 2.12 (released 2018-09-03)
* Silently breaking changes!
- The Arbitrary instance for Word now generates only small
values, the same as Int
- cover no longer causes a property failure if coverage is
insufficient. It just prints a warning. (But see next item!)
* Overhaul of label/cover family of combinators:
- New property combinator checkCoverage, which checks coverage
requirements in a statistically sound way, and *does* fail if
they are not met.
- Order of arguments to cover swapped, to make it easier to
switch between classify and cover
- New combinators tabulate and coverTable, for reporting test
case distribution more flexibly than label.
- When label is called multiple times in a property, each call
produces a separate table of frequencies.
* New functions:
- (=/=): like (/=), but prints a counterexample
(thanks to tom-bop)
- forAllShow/forAllShrinkShow: quantification using an
explicit show function (thanks to Stevan Andjelkovic)
- forAllBlind/forAllShrinkBlind: quantification without
- verboseShrinking: see how a counterexample is shrunk
- labelledExamples: given a property which uses label,
generate an example test case for each label
- idempotentIOProperty: a variant of ioProperty which shrinks
better but only works for idempotent I/O actions
* Other improvements:
- MonadFix Gen instance (thanks to Jon Fowler)
- Rational numbers shrink using continued fractions
(thanks to Justus Sagemüller)
- Function instances for Const, Identity, and the types in
Data.Monoid; instance Functor Fun (thanks to Erik Schnetter
and Xia Li-yao)
- More of Test.QuickCheck.Function is exported from
- Semantics of .||. changed to improve short-circuiting:
if the left argument's precondition is false, the right
argument is not evaluated and the whole disjunction is
considered to have a false precondition
- Bug fix: suchThatMaybe always increased size to at least 1
* Miscellaneous API changes:
- Result type has changed a bit:
- InsufficientCovered constructor is gone
- Type of labels has changed
- New fields classes, tables
2018-07-18 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cosmetic: replace tabs with blanks, strip trailing white space,
and update copyright headers with spec-cleaner.