2017-12-13 - email@example.com
- fping now has cap_net_raw, fix build in Factory (bsc#1047921)
2017-06-21 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cleanup a bit with spec-cleaner basically just to use new make_install
2017-05-11 - email@example.com
- Do away with %__ macro indirections.
2017-05-08 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 4.0
* feature: Auto-adjust timeout for -c/-C/-l mode to value of -p
* feature: Enforce -t timeout on reply packets, by discarding late
* feature: Option -d/--rdns now always does a rdns-lookup, even for
names, as '-n' was doing until now
* feature: Keep original name if a hostname is given with -n/--name
* feature: New option -6 to force IPv6
* feature: New option -4 to force IPv4
* feature: IPv6 enabled by default
* feature: Long option names for all options
* feature: Unified 'fping' and 'fping6' into one binary (#80)
* feature: fping and fping6 are now unified into one binary.
* bugfix: -i/-p restrictions disabled by default
(enable with --enable-safe-limits)
* bugfix: Default interval -i changed from 25ms to 10ms
* bugfix: Fix compatibility issue with GNU Hurd
* bugfix: A C99 compiler is now required
* bugfix: Option parsing with optparse
* bugfix: New changelog file format
2017-02-28 - email@example.com
- Update to version 3.16:
* (feature) Support kernel-timestamping of received packets (#46)
* (feature) Simplify restrictions: only -i >= 1 and -p >= 10 are
* (bugfix) Fix option -m to return all IPs of a hostname
* (bugfix) Fix option -H (ttl) for IPv6
* (bugfix) Fix option -M (don't fragment) for IPv6
* (bugfix) Fix option -O (ToS) for IPv6
* (bugfix) Fix compatibility issue with AIX (#69, @blentzgh)
* (bugfix) Fix option -q not suppressing some ICMP error messages (#83)
* (bugfix) Fix option -M expecting an argument, when it shouldn't
* (bugfix) Fix minor issues found by Coverity Scan
- Update to version 3.15:
* (bugfix) Fix compiler errors on platforms other than Linux (related
to the new -M option, #109)
* Test suite fixes for macOS
- Update to version 3.14:
* (feature) Ignore network and broadcast for cidrs /31 and /32
(#102, Martin Topholm)
* (feature) New option '-M' to set the "Don't Fragment" flag
(#91, Don Bowman)
* (feature) New option '-N' to output statistics for netdata
(see: http://my-netdata.io/, #105, Costa Tsaousis)
* (feature) New option '-o' to calculate total outage time (#90, @jgerbeck)
* (bugfix) Exit code should be 2 when the hostname can't be resolved
(fixes #98, reported by @green-fox)
* (bugfix) Fix issue compliling on RHEL/Centos 7 (#95, @jbackman)
* (bugfix) Lower -i limit to 1 instead of 10
* (bugfix) Improve interval preciseness of -Q reporting
* (bugfix) Fix occasional false positive in -Q reporting (#97)
* (bugfix) Solaris 10 portability fix (#107, Peter Bray)
2015-10-21 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.13:
+ Bugfix: Fix ICMP errors sometimes causing crashes with
fping >= 3.11.
2015-10-15 - email@example.com
- Update to version 3.12:
+ Bugfix: Fix fping6 -R (#84).
- Changes from version 3.11:
- New option -R to use random bytes instead of NULLs (#72).
- Small documentation and performance improvements.
+ Bugfix: Fix double entries with fping -u and unreachable hosts.
+ Internal: Use sockaddr_storage and simplify code, so that we
can one day support both IPv4 and IPv6 with the same binary.
2014-05-04 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 3.10:
+ Fix confusing error message with -g and IPv6 addresses (#58).
+ Allow option '-f' also for non-root (since setuid privileges
+ Do not retry twice DNS lookup on DNS lookup problem.
+ Remove support for NIS groups.
+ Better document -B backoff-factor and when it can be used (#33)
+ More tests added.