2018-01-03 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.0
* Support layouts for read and erase commands
* New command line switch --noverify-all (-N) allows flashing of
individual regions without reading the whole flash chip
(particular useful with locked down Intel ME firmware)
* New command line switch --ifd to read the layout from an
Intel Firmware Descriptor on flash
* We got rid of the delay-loop calibration (if the OS provides an
accurate timer through clock_gettime())
* Reading speed of USB programmers should have increased (reading
bigger chunks at once, we reduce the overhead)
* Support Intel 100 series PCHs (Sunrise Point, coupled with
Skylake and Kaby Lake) and C620 series PCHs (Lewisburg paired
with Workstation/Server versions of the former)
* New programmers
+ Intel 100 series / C620 series PCHs
+ Intel I210 NICs (EEPROM and SPI)
+ AMD Merlin Falcon (FP4)
* New chips
- Specfile cleanup
- Verify source signature
2017-04-26 - email@example.com
- Enable build for ARM
2016-07-26 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 0.9.9
* Enable the dediprog module by default, add support for Dediprog
SF600 and the new communication protocol of the SF100 with
* Add support to update the firmware of Promise UltraATA
* Support new programers: WCH CH341A, VIA VT8251
* Support new chips:
+ ESI ES25P40, ES25P80, ES25P16
+ GigaDevice GD25VQ41B, GD25Q128C, GD25VQ21B, GD25VQ40C,
GD25VQ80C and GD25VQ16C, GD25LQ40, GD25LQ80, GD25LQ16,
+ PMC Pm25LQ020, Pm25LQ040, Pm25LQ080, Pm25LQ016, Pm25LQ032C
+ Sanyo LE25FU406C/LE25U40CMC
+ SST SST25WF020A, SST25WF040B, SST25WF080B
+ Winbond W29C512A/W29EE512
* Allow to link flashrom statically (with make CONFIG_STATIC=yes)
* Ease debugging of build problems with libraries
* Ignore 0x00 as a flash chip manufacturer ID in the generic
match to avoid ambiguous messages
* Various improvements for serprog-based programmers
* Add support for libftdi1
* Add infrastructure for libusb1 and use it for new programmers
* Rigorously check integrity of I/O stream data
* Add make parameters for easier disabling/enabling of various
classes of programmers
2015-04-03 - email@example.com
- Update to 0.9.8
* A bunch of newly supported architectures: ARM 64bit,
big-endian ARM, PowerPC 64bit, SPARC.
* Better support for AMD chipsets in general (speed selection,
more conservative defaults etc.).
* Add new programmer support:
* AMD Yangtze's SPI controller (found in Kabini and Tamesh) as
well as the one in Bolton FCHs (A78, A88X, A77E).
* Intel Silvermont chipsets (Bay Trail, Rangeley and Avoton) and
Wildcat Point (for Broadwell).
* ITE IT8212F parallel programmer as it8212 (found on PCI SATA
* VIA VT6421A LPC programmer as atavia (found on PCI SATA
* EEPROMs on Intel network cards based on the 82580 NIC
* Intel 82599 10 GbE NICs boot PROMs (part of nicintel_spi).
* Microchip PICkit 2
* MSTAR IC ISP protocol (not compiled in by default). Rewrites the
firmware of your screen over VGA/DVI(!).
* Extension of the rayer_spi module to supported various similar
devices (Altera ByteBlasterMV, Atmel STK200/300, Wiggler LPT).
* Switching betweens chips on boards with GIGABYTE's DualBIOS
(using the dualbiosindex programmer parameter).
* Enable fwh_idsel parameter for C-ICH and ICH2/3/4/5 chipsets.
* Finer-grained display of support status used for flash chip
operations, chipsets, mainboards and programmers (new states:
configuration-dependent, not applicable).
2014-10-30 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Build Require libusb-devel, fix build in factory
2014-10-30 - email@example.com
- update to 0.9.7 r1852.