2014-09-16 - Greg.Freemyer@gmail.com
- correct Source: field to be the full path
- remove the #DL_URL comment
2014-09-13 - Greg.Freemyer@gmail.com
- Update to v0.3.2
* The code changes are moderate. Mainly changes on metadata, buildsystem and manpage ....
* Some problems with potential endless loops and segfaults been fixed.
* New is support for matlab-V5 files in the magic-function and a interface for
a private magic signature file. The interface was necessary because the
activity on the FILE project results in many chances and more and more
support of new file signatures. This has a negative impact on speed,
accuracy and result of the magic-function of ext4magic. This interface is
provided for future use and is designed to support a only for ext4magic
optimized magic pattern file.
(See also http://ext4magic.sourceforge.net/magic-pattern-interface.html)
* The author states that significant testing with i586 and x86_64 has been done
* ext4magic continues not to support filesystems over 16TB
- Added requires file-devel > 5.05 per notes from upstream
* Upstream notes that ext4magic is not stable with libmagic 5.17 included in file 5.17
- Added requires libext2fs-devel >= 1.42.6 per notes from upstream
2013-05-27 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 0.3.1:
* Some minor bugs been fixed.
* Support for ecryptfs by Magic-function.
- Enable configure option "--enable-file-attr" (restore also file attributes).
2012-03-19 - Greg.Freemyer@gmail.com
- clean up buildrequires logic - no end user impact
2012-03-03 - Greg.Freemyer@gmail.com
- initial packaging - v0.30
ext4magic is file recovery tool for the ext4 filesystem.
per the author, discussing v0.3.0 in Feb, 2012
For me, the program and its functions completed tested and stable
up to 16TByte filesystem size. 64Bit file systems are not implemented.
Not tested at the moment:
- the new library releases form last 2 Weeks libmagic and libext2fs
- file systems written with new Kernel (only testet written with 2.6 Kernel)
- BigEndian CPUs not testet very extensively