2017-10-18 - email@example.com
- update to 1.18.7:
* Will work on systems that don't have perl. (Perl is still used
* Prevent LC_ALL overriding the LC_COLLATE used to sort metadata.
- includes changes from 1.18.6:
* Only show errors (no progress indicators) when pushing
Git/Mercurial repos to avoid unecessary cron mails.
* Fix regex in 20-warn-problem-files.
* Support added for apk (alpine linux)
- Lint spec file
- Point source URL to upstream tarball
- Mark dependency on python-base per rpmlint
- Patches / source modifications:
* Add 0001-Remove-env-from-shebang-in-zypper-plugin.patch
- fixes rpmlint warning about dependency detection
* Rebase etckeeeper-avoid-packagelist.patch
* Remove junk file caught by rpmlint (.mdwn)
2016-10-22 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remove redundant sections
2016-10-15 - email@example.com
- update Source to 1.18.5:
- Make etckeeper commit store metadata changes. The pre-commit
hook has always (and continues) to do that, but pre-commit is
only run when there are changes to tommit. This makes
metadata-only changes get committed.
- Move systemd files to /lib/systemd; /usr/lib/systemd is not
used on Debian.
- fix wrong path for systemd in rpm based distros with sed in spec
2016-07-03 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- update Source to 1.18.4:
- Optimised find for special and hard linked files.
- Adjust when Pacman 5 calls etckeeper hooks.
- Only run Pacman hooks when files in /etc have changed.
- Added systemd timer that can run etckeeper 10 minutes after boot, and also
daily. It's not enabled by default, partly because of overlap with the
- update Source to 1.18.3:
- Added support for pacmatic, contributed by nicolaichuk.
- bzr: make sure EMAIL is defined
- Fix Makefile version patterns to ignore non-native version number
- Support ~/.config/git/config when determining the author name and email.
- Added support for Arch's pacman package manager version 5.
- Set HOME if it's not set, as is the case when using ubuntu's
- Move bash completion out of etc and into usr.
- update Source to 1.18.2:
- Use getent utility instead of perl. (Elan Ruusamäe)
- Initial FreeBSD support with pkgng plugin. (William Johansson)
- Fix README.md symlink in package (Sebastian Schmidt, Antoine Beaupré,
- Fix typo of GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL.
- update Source to 1.18.1
- Add myself as maintainer (Closes: #768516)
- Keeping the package native as I do not intend to diverge from
- Update git URL in control file.
- update to Sourcce to 1.18:
- Send yum pre-commit output to /dev/null
- Set LANG=C internally when doing some operations that have
been reported to fail in other locales.
- update Source to 1.17:
- Fix name of DNF plugin.
- Add --version
Thanks Andreas Wansner.
- New website, http://etckeeper.branchable.com/
- Add build-depends on dh-python.
- update Source to 1.16:
- Added support for Fedora's DNF highlevel package manager.
- Add architecture info to dpkg list-installed. Closes: #768145
- Orphaned the Debian package.
- rebase patch etckeeper-avoid-packagelist.patch
- change source url to github
- remove unnecessary file etckeeper-rpmlintrc
2016-06-03 - email@example.com
- update Source to 1.15:
- Recommend cron-daemon, rather than cron, as etckeeper only needs
cron.daily functionality. Closes: #762721
- update Source to 1.14:
- Handle failure to commit in post-install, pre-install by showing a
warning, rather than propigating the error to apt.
This avoids breaking the apt run when eg, git is misconfigured and
pre-install already did this when it was able to use debconf to display a
message, but now debconf is not used, and it always behaves this way.
- change to new url