2017-12-13 - email@example.com
- Update to ddcutil 0.8.5
* This release contains a large number of minor enhancements and bug fixes
* The environment command is extensively revised. The increasingly large
collection of tests has been consolidated.
* The required glib-2.0 version has been increased from 2.16 to 2.32
reflecting the use of glib thread functions.
* Fix a logic error in the VCP version comparison function vcp_version_le().
This bug affected only audio related VCP feature codes x8f, x91, and x93.
It also affected experimental command watch which listens for monitor
changes not made by ddcutil, i.e. by pressing buttons on the monitor.
* Properly handle the failure case where a display is detected on an I2C bus
(EDID is read) but DDC communication fails, and the user specifies the
display on the command line using the I2C bus number (option --bus).
* Fix the cause of a segfault when the loadvcp command reads a user modified
VCP file. The command now fails gracefully if none of MFG_ID, MODEL,
and SN are present.
* Fix the cause of a segfault when displaying I2C functionality flags in the
- -environment command. This segfault was seen only in 32 bit versions of
* The --stats option showed incorrect time statistics on 32 bit versions of
* Add "-lddcutil" to output of "pkgconfig ddcutil --libs".
* Improve reporting of the individual errors that result in command failure
due to maximum I2C retries exceeded.
* interrogate, environment and usbenvironment now redirect all stderr output
to stdout for easier capture
* Added command line options -trcfile and -trcfunc to enable tracing by
file name and function name.
* Added configuration option --enable-x11 controlling whether X11 related
diagnostics are included in the environment and interrogate commands,
allowing ddcutil to build in embedded environments that lack X11.
The default is yes.
* Verbose EDID decription, e.g. on command detect --verbose, now reports EDID
byte 24 (x14), the supported features bitmap. This is purely informational.
* Ongoing work to make functions thread safe.
* Code cleanup.
* The full list of changes can be read at
2017-09-05 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clear repeated summary, fix RPM groups, repair description not
matching the filelists.
2017-09-05 - email@example.com
- Use the sources as distributed in github, which is different from
the sources in rockowitz's OBS project
- Use automake/autoconf/libtool
2017-09-04 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don't unset the _unpackaged_files_terminate_build test,
which was forgotten from the original spec file. Instead,
set --docdir correctly for configure and remove an unwanted
file after make install.
- Add the %doc line to the library package so it also installs the license
2017-09-01 - email@example.com
- Initial release of ddcutil 0.8.4 based on rockowitz's generic spec file