2018-01-04 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2.5:
* Restore (from v2.3) ownership change of all files inside tombs,
to facilitate single user usage, which is now default and can
be prevented using the '-p' flag on 'open' commands.
* 'post-hooks' now renamed to 'exec-hooks' and launched on 'open'
and 'close' commands with a defined set of arguments
* Use 'findmnt' instead of parsing the output of 'mount -l',
which grants compatibility with more recent util-linux versions
* fix: the 'slam' command has better process detection and the
a new 'ps' command to list processes using tombs
* fix: support tomb hidden filenames (starting with a dot) that
lack an extension
* minor fixes to messaging and translations
- bump year in SUSE copyright
2017-10-18 - email@example.com
- Packaging changes:
* Upstream URL casing has changed, fix download urls to reflect this.
* Use Makefile to install
* lint with spec-cleaner
- Update to version 2.4:
* Support for asymmetric encryption of Tomb keys using public/private
GPG key pairs.
* It is now possible to protect a Tomb key using a GPG key
(which can also be password-less for automations) as well encrypt a
Tomb key for multiple recipients (list of GPG ids).
* Fix to the 'slam' command with better detection of running programs
using 'lsof' (new optional dependency)
* Fix to 'forge' key creation to really use 512 bits long keys to really
trigger usage of AES256; correct support for opening tombs in read-only
mode; update of the Tomber python wrapper in extras.
* Documentation updates.
- Changes introduced by version 2.3:
* Fix bug occurring when using ZSh version 5.3 or higher.
* Fix inclusion of final newline in keys generated with 2.2, only affecting
* Removed chmod/chown of tombs when open.
* Improved parser and post-hooks to avoid usage of external binaries (grep and
* Improved security when decrypting keys.
* Fix for clean execution via sudo nopasswd.
* Updated extras/gtomb to latest stable version.
* Various documentation updates about kdf, using images as keys, deniability
and gpg-agent usage.
* New experimental port to Android platforms in extras.
2016-01-15 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2.2:
* Better resizing procedure recovers from failure without starting over with
a new dig.
* Fixes for correct handling of bind-hooks mountpoints containing whitespaces,
implying a refactoring of how the mtab is parsed, along with workaround for
* Updated all strings to report MiB sizes.
* Fix to correctly show last time opened.
* Fix to EUID detection and to installed manpage permissions.
- Changes introduced by version 2.1.1:
* Added translations to Italian and Swedish. Minor documentation updates.
- Changes introduced by version 2.1.0:
* This new stable release including several bugfixes to smooth the user
experience in various situations.
* Documentation is reviewed and extended and translations are updated.
* Fixes to: mountpoint removal, language localization, gtk-2 pinentry
themeing, udisk2 compatibility (/run/media/$USER mountpoint support),
handling of key failures, kdf documentation, swish-e file contents search
and encrypted swap detection.
* Deniability is improved by allowing any filename to be used for tombs
(also without .tomb extension).
* Code has been overall cleaned up.
2015-01-28 - email@example.com
- verify source signature
- add source URLs
- run spec cleaner
2015-01-14 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Created initial package (2.0.1)