2017-12-18 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- - update to version 1.5.3
1. Fixed a NullPointerException in the TurboJPEG Java wrapper that occurred
when using the YUVImage constructor that creates an instance backed by separate
image planes and allocates memory for the image planes.
2. Fixed an issue whereby the Java version of TJUnitTest would fail when
testing BufferedImage encoding/decoding on big endian systems.
3. Fixed a segfault in djpeg that would occur if an output format other than
PPM/PGM was selected along with the `-crop` option. The `-crop` option now
works with the GIF and Targa formats as well (unfortunately, it cannot be made
to work with the BMP and RLE formats due to the fact that those output engines
write scanlines in bottom-up order.) djpeg will now exit gracefully if an
output format other than PPM/PGM, GIF, or Targa is selected along with the
4. Fixed an issue whereby `jpeg_skip_scanlines()` would segfault if color
quantization was enabled.
5. TJBench (both C and Java versions) will now display usage information if any
command-line argument is unrecognized. This prevents the program from silently
6. Fixed an access violation in tjbench.exe (Windows) that occurred when the
program was used to decompress an existing JPEG image.
7. Fixed an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in the TJExample Java program that
occurred when attempting to decompress a JPEG image that had been compressed
with 4:1:1 chrominance subsampling.
8. Fixed an issue whereby, when using `jpeg_skip_scanlines()` to skip to the
end of a single-scan (non-progressive) image, subsequent calls to
`jpeg_consume_input()` would return `JPEG_SUSPENDED` rather than
9. `jpeg_crop_scanlines()` now works correctly when decompressing grayscale
JPEG images that were compressed with a sampling factor other than 1 (for
instance, with `cjpeg -grayscale -sample 2x2`).
2017-10-12 - email@example.com
- security update:
* CVE-2017-15232 [bsc#1062937]
2017-10-12 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 1.5.2
+ Fixed several memory leaks in the TurboJPEG API library that
could occur if the library was built with certain compilers
and optimization levels.
+ The libjpeg-turbo memory manager will now honor the
max_memory_to_use structure member in jpeg_memory_mgr,
which can be set to the maximum amount of memory (in bytes)
that libjpeg-turbo should use during decompression or
multi-pass (including progressive) compression. This limit
can also be set using the JPEGMEM environment variable or
using the -maxmemory switch in cjpeg/djpeg/jpegtran.
+ TJBench will now run each benchmark for 1 second prior to
starting the timer, in order to improve the consistency of
the results. Furthermore, the -warmup option is now used to
specify the amount of warmup time rather than the number of
+ Fixed an error (short jump is out of range) that occurred
when assembling the 32-bit x86 SIMD extensions with NASM
versions prior to 2.04.
+ Fixed a regression introduced by 1.5 beta1 that prevented
the Java version of TJBench from outputting any reference images
(the -nowrite switch was accidentally enabled by default.)
libjpeg-turbo should now build and run with full AltiVec SIMD
acceleration on PowerPC-based AmigaOS 4 and OpenBSD systems.
2017-01-18 - email@example.com
- set build date to enable reproducible builds