2018-02-16 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- update to 1.23:
* A bug has been fixed that sometimes marked the wrong block as
non-scraped when running in reverse direction>
* The new option '--same-file' has been added. It allows infile
and outfile to be the same file or device.
* The new option '--shift' has been added to ddrescuelog. It
shifts the positions of all the blocks in 'mapfile' by the
offset ('--output-position' - '--input-position'), and writes
the resulting mapfile to standard output.
* In fill mode, the location data is now written as one line
without final newline to ease finding it with simple text
* Fill mode no longer requires a seekable infile. Commands like
ddrescue -F- <(printf "BAD-SECTOR ") outfile mapfile are now
* The new chapter "Meaning of ddrescue's screen output" has been
added to the manual.
2017-07-06 - email@example.com
- Update to new upstream release 1.22
* The -X option now stands for --max-read-errors instead of
- -exit-on-error and therefore requires an argument now.
* New options: --max-slow-reads, --delay-slow, --reset-slow,
- -log-events, --mapfile-interval, --pause-on-error
* The option '--pause' has been renamed to '--pause-on-pass'.
* The option '--max-errors' has been renamed to '--max-bad-areas'.
* ddrescue now shows the number of read errors, the error rate and
(if a --min-read-rate is specified) the number of slow reads.
* The 'current_pass' field has been added to the mapfile. This
allows the copying phase to resume instead of restart from
pass 1. It also allows the retrying phase to resume in the
same direction it was interrupted.
* (More option changes; see the full changelog in the "NEWS"
file shipped inside the package.)
2016-03-19 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to 1.21
* A bug in the alignment of the I/O buffer has been (hopefully)
* Ddrescue now exits with status 1 in case of unaligned read in
direct mode (because of a wrong sector size, for example).
* Short option names '-1' and '-2' have been removed to avoid
mistakes in the command line.
* Only regular files are now allowed as arguments of options
'--log-rates' and '--log-reads'.
* Option '-D, --odirect' now works also in fill mode.
* Option '-J, --verify-on-error' now marks blocks as failed on
any error, and exits with status 1 if a read error happens
before a good sector is found.
* Option '-X, --exit-on-error' has been extended to all phases.
* The short name '-Z' has been assigned to option
* The mapfile is now "fsync'ed" every 5 minutes because some
systems seem to never write the mapfile to disc.
* Ddrescue now shows all sizes in rescue mode; non-tried,
non-trimmed, non-scraped, bad-sector and finished.
* Ddrescue now shows the percentage of the domain rescued in