woof - Simple Web-based File Exchange
||openSUSE Leap 15.0
||Network Utilities all
I guess everybody with a laptop has experienced this problem at some point:
You plug into a network and just want to exchange files with other
participants. It always is a pain until you can exchange files with the person
Woof (Web Offer One File) tries a different approach. It assumes that
everybody has a web-browser or a commandline web-client installed. Woof is a
small simple stupid webserver that can easily be invoked on a single
file. Your partner can access the file with tools he trusts (e.g. wget). No
need to enter passwords on keyboards where you don't know about keyboard
sniffers, no need to start a huge lot of infrastructure, just do a
$ woof filename
and tell the recipient the URL woof spits out. When he got that file, woof
will quit and everything is done.
And when someone wants to send you a file, woof has a switch to offer itself,
so he can get woof and offer a file to you.
- Add the Network Utilities repository:
# zypper addrepo http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/network:/utilities/openSUSE_Leap_15.0/ network-utilities
- Install woof rpm package:
# zypper install woof
2018-03-26 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Update to version 2012-05-31
* 2012-05-31: More verbose URL output (convenience for wget),
simple client functionality (woof <URL>)
* 2009-12-27: Upload functionality, quite some code cleanup.
* 2009-02-27: minor fix.
* 2009-02-17: support for zip (without temp files!).
* 2009-02-13: support for bz2, no dependency on an external
- Use unofficial python3 port
- Added README as source file
2008-01-01 - email@example.com
- new package